- The report contains detailed information about Golden Star Resources, Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Golden Star Resources, Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Golden Star Resources, Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Golden Star Resources, Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Golden Star Resources, Ltd. business.
About Golden Star Resources, Ltd.
Golden Star Resources Ltd., a gold mining and exploration company, engages in the exploration and production of gold in Ghana, West Africa. It also conducts gold exploration in other countries West Africa and in South America.
The company, through a 90% owned subsidiary, Golden Star Bogoso/Prestea Limited (GSBPL), owns and operates the Bogoso/Prestea gold mining and processing operations (Bogoso/Prestea) located near the town of Bogoso, Ghana. Through another 90% owned subsidiary, Golden Star (Wassa) Limited (GSWL), the company owns and operates the Wassa open-pit gold mine and carbon-in-leach processing plant (Wassa), located approximately 35 kilometers east of Bogoso/Prestea. The company also holds interests in various gold exploration projects in Ghana and elsewhere in West Africa, including Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso, Niger, and Cote dIvoire, and holds exploration properties in South America.
The Bogoso/Prestea Gold Mine
Bogoso/Prestea consists of a gold mining and processing operation located along the Ashanti Trend in western Ghana, approximately 35 kilometers northwest of the town of Tarkwa.
MamponThe Mampon deposit is located approximately 35 kilometers north of the Bogoso processing plant. Mampon is an undeveloped gold deposit with, as of December 31, 2009, an estimated 1.2 million tonnes of probable mineral reserves.
PampeThe Pampe deposit is located approximately 19 kilometers west of the Bogoso processing plants. As of December 31, 2009, the company had estimated a probable mineral reserve of 1.5 million tones.
Prestea SouthThis property is located 20 kilometers south of the Bogoso/Prestea processing plants.
The Wassa Gold Mine
The company own and operates the Wassa gold mine located approximately 35 kilometers east of Bogoso/Prestea in southwest Ghana. It also owns and operates the Hwini-Butre and Benso mines (HBB properties) located 80 and 50 kilometers, respectively, south of Wassa. As of December 31, 2009, Wassa, including the HBB properties, had proven and probable mineral reserves of 17.1 million tones.
Prestea South Properties: The Prestea South project is located on the Ashanti Trend, southwest of the town of Prestea and approximately 20 kilometers southeast of the Bogoso processing plants. As of December 31, 2009, the Prestea South properties had total proven and probable mineral reserves of 4.6 million tonnes.
EXPLORATION STAGE PROPERTIES IN GHANA
Prestea Underground: The Prestea Underground is an inactive underground gold mine located to the south of Bogoso and adjacent to the town of Prestea. The property consists of two useable access shafts and underground workings and support facilities.
Akropong Trend Properties: The Akropong properties are located along a fault structure which parallels the Ashanti Trend and is located approximately 20 kilometers to the west of its Bogoso processing plant.
Dunkwa Properties: The Dunkwa Properties, which are located directly north of its Bogoso Mining lease, consist of two prospecting licenses, Mansiso and Asikuma, the latter hosting its Mampon ore deposit.
OTHER EXPLORATION STAGE PROPERTIES IN AFRICA
African Aura Mining (Mano River) Joint Venture, Sierra Leone: The company has a 51% interest in the Sonfon property.
Cote dIvoire: The company's Amelekia and Abengourou concessions are located in the southeastern portion of Cote dIvoire adjacent to the Ghanaian border along northeast trending structures located to the west of the Sefwi greenstone belt in Ghana.
Burkina Faso: The company holds a 90% beneficial interest in the Goulagou and adjoining Rounga gold properties, with a local Burkina Faso partner owning a 10% interest. The 2 properties are located approximately 100 kilometers west of Ouagadougou. In addition to the Goulagou and Rounga concessions, Golden Star Burkina Faso also holds three other licenses.
EXPLORATION STAGE PROPERTIES IN SOUTH AMERICA
Saramacca Property: The Saramacca property, located in Suriname, consists of 3 concessions totaling 536 square kilometers. During 2009, Newmont earned a 51% interest in the Saramacca project.
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Golden Star Resources, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Golden Star Resources, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GOLDEN STAR RESOURCES, LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Major Shareholders
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. History
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Offices and Representations
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Golden Star Resources, Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?