- The report contains detailed information about Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Globe Specialty Metals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. business.
About Globe Specialty Metals, Inc.
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces silicon metal and silicon-based alloys. The company has approximately 100,000 metric tons (MT) of silicon metal capacity and 120,000 MT of silicon-based alloys capacity.
Globe Metallurgical, Inc. (GMI) operates two production facilities in the United States located in Beverly, Ohio, Alloy, West Virginia, Selma, Alabama, Niagara Falls, New York and Bridgeport, Alabama.
Globe Metais Industria e Comercio S.A. (Globe Metais) is a distributor of silicon metal manufactured in Brazil.
Globe Metales S.A. (Globe Metales) operates a production facility in Mendoza, Argentina and a cored-wire fabrication facility in San Luis, Argentina. Globe Metales specializes in producing silicon-based alloy products, either in lump form or in cored-wire, a delivery method preferred by manufacturers of steel, ductile iron, machine and auto parts, and industrial pipe.
Solsil, Inc. (Solsil) develops its technology to produce upgraded metallurgical silicon (UMG) manufactured through a proprietary metallurgical process which is primarily used in silicon-based photovoltaic (solar) cells. Solsil is located in Beverly, Ohio and is focused on research and development projects. The company owns an 81% interest in Solsil.
Ningxia Yonvey Coal Industrial Co., Ltd. (Yonvey) produces carbon electrodes, a principal input in its production process, at a production facility in Shizuishan in the Ningxia Hiu Autonomous Region of China. The company holds a 70% ownership interest in Yonvey.
Ultracore Polska Sp.z.o.o (UCP) produces cored-wire silicon-based alloy products. The fabrication facility is located in Police in northern Poland.
The company produces specialty-grade silicon metal. It produces majority of silicon metal for three industries, including the aluminum industry; the chemical industry; and the photovoltaic (solar)/semiconductor industry. It also produces UMG for photovoltaic (solar) applications. The company markets to primary aluminum producers who require silicon metal with certain purity requirements for use as an alloy, as well as to the secondary aluminum industry.
Silicon-Based Alloy Products
The company makes ferrosilicon by combining silicon dioxide (quartzite) with iron in the form of scrap steel and iron oxides. Its silicon-based alloy products would be divided into four general categories: ferrosilicon; magnesium-ferrosilicon-based alloys; ferrosilicon-based alloys; and calcium silicon.
The company captures, recycles, and sells of the by-products generated in its production processes. The volume by-product not recycled into the manufacturing process is silica fume (also known as microsilica). This dust-like material, collected in its air filtration systems, is sold to its 50%-owned affiliate, Norchem Inc., and other companies which process, package, and market it for use as a concrete additive, refractory material, or oil well conditioner. The other major by-products of its manufacturing processes are fines, the fine material resulting from crushing; and dross, which results from the purification process during smelting. The fines and dross are generally sold to customers who utilize these products in other manufacturing processes, including steel production.
The companys products are marketed directly by its own marketing staff located in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Police, Poland, and at various locations in the United States. It sells through distributors in various U.S. regions, Canada, southern and northern Mexico, Australia, South America, and Europe.
The companys customer base includes North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. Its customers include Dow Corning Corporation and Wacker Chemie AG.
The companys primary competitors are Elkem AS, owned by Orkla ASA, and Grupo Ferroatlantica S.L. In addition, it also faces competition from other companies, such as, Becancour Silicon, Inc., Rima Industrial SA, and Ligas de Alumino SA.
The company was incorporated in 2004. It was formerly known as International Metal Enterprises, Inc. and changed its name to Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLOBE SPECIALTY METALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. History
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?