- The report contains detailed information about Gerdau S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gerdau S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gerdau S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gerdau S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gerdau S.A. business.
About Gerdau S.A.
Gerdau S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of steel products in Brazil and internationally. The company also engages in other activities related to the production and sale of steel products, including reforestation; electric power generation projects; coking coal, iron ore, and pig iron production; as well as fab shops and downstream operations.
The company offers an array of steel products, which are manufactured according to various customer specifications. Its product mix includes crude steel (slabs, blooms, and billets) sold to rolling mills, finished products for the construction industry, such as rods and structural bars, finished products for industry, such as commercial rolled steel bars and machine wire, and products for farming and agriculture, such as poles, smooth wire, and barbed wire. It also produces specialty steel products utilizing advanced technology and with a certain degree of customization for the manufacture of tools and machinery, chains, locks, and springs, mainly for the automotive and mechanical industries.
The company has 59 steel producing units globally, including joint ventures and associate companies. The joint ventures include a unit located in the United States for the production of flat rolled steel and another unit in India. The associate companies are Aceros Corsa S.A. de C.V., in Mexico; Corporacion Centroamericana del Acero S.A. in Guatemala; and Industrias Nacionales, C. por A. (INCA) in the Dominican Republic. As of December 31, 2009, the companys total consolidated installed capacity, excluding the companys investments in joint ventures and associates, unconsolidated companies, was approximately 26 million tonnes of crude steel and 22 million tonnes of rolled steel products.
The company sells its products to a list of customers for use in the construction, manufacturing, and agricultural industries. Its business segments include Brazil (Brazil BO); North America (North America BO); Latin America (Latin America BO); and Specialty Steel (Specialty Steel BO).
Brazil BO delivers its products directly to customers through outsourced companies. The company distributes its products in Brazil through Comercial Gerdau, it distribution channel, with 69 stores throughout Brazil, 38 fabricated reinforcing steel facilities (Prontofer) and 4 flat steel service centers, serving approximately 110,000 customers in the year. Another distribution channel is the network of approximately 21,000 points of sales to which it sells its products. This Business Operation has annual crude steel installed capacity of 9.3 million tonnes and 5.4 million tonnes of finished steel products.
North America BO
The company operates in North America through its majority-owned subsidiary, Gerdau Ameristeel. The North America BO has annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10.3 million tonnes of mill finished steel products. It has a vertically integrated network of 18 steel units and one 50.0 percent-owned joint venture for the operation of a mini-mill, 21 scrap recycling facilities, 12 downstream operations (including three 50.0 percent-owned joint ventures), and 49 fab shops. Gerdau Ameristeel primarily serves customers in the eastern regions of the United States and Canada. North America BOs products are generally sold to steel service centers and steel fabricators or directly to original equipment manufacturers for use in various industries, including construction, automotive, mining, cellular, and electrical transmission, metal construction fabrication, and equipment fabrication.
North America BO operates mills and downstream. The mills manufactures and markets a range of steel products, including steel reinforcement bars (rebar), merchant bars, structural shapes, beams, special sections, and coiled wire rod. The mills also produces rebar, merchant bars, rod, and special bar quality products used by the downstream. The downstream comprises secondary value-added steel businesses and consists of fabrication of rebars, railroad spikes, cold drawn products, super light beam processing, elevator guide rails, grinding balls, wire mesh
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GERDAU S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GERDAU S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GERDAU S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GERDAU S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GERDAU S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gerdau S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gerdau S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gerdau S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gerdau S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gerdau S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. GERDAU S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GERDAU S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GERDAU S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GERDAU S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GERDAU S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GERDAU S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gerdau S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gerdau S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gerdau S.A. Major Shareholders
Gerdau S.A. History
Gerdau S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gerdau S.A. Offices and Representations
Gerdau S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gerdau S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gerdau S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Gerdau S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Gerdau S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gerdau S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gerdau S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gerdau S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Gerdau S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Gerdau S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gerdau S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gerdau S.A. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?