- The report contains detailed information about Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. business.
About Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. operates as a copper, gold, and molybdenum mining company. The companys portfolio of assets includes the Grasberg minerals district in Indonesia, which contains the single recoverable copper reserve; mining operations in North and South America; and the Tenke Fungurume minerals district in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The company also operates Atlantic Copper, a wholly owned copper smelting and refining unit in Spain.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys proven and probable reserves totaled 104.2 billion pounds of copper, 37.2 million ounces of gold, 2.59 billion pounds of molybdenum, 270.4 million ounces of silver, and 0.78 billion pounds of cobalt.
North America Copper Mines
The company has six operating copper mines in North America Morenci, Sierrita, Bagdad, Safford and Miami in Arizona, and Tyrone in New Mexico. All of these mining operations are wholly owned, except for Morenci, an unincorporated joint venture, in which the company owns an 85 percent undivided interest.
The North America copper mines include open-pit mining, sulfide ore concentrating, leaching, and solution extraction/electrowinning (SX/EW) operations. In addition to copper, the Morenci, Sierrita and Bagdad mines produce molybdenum as a by-product. A majority of the copper produced at North America copper mines is cast into copper rod by Rod & Refining operations. The remainder of North America copper sales is primarily in the form of copper cathode or copper concentrate.
South America Copper Mines
The company has four operating copper mines in South America Cerro Verde in Peru, and Candelaria, Ojos del Salado and El Abra in Chile. It owns a 53.56 percent interest in Cerro Verde, an 80 percent interest in both Candelaria and Ojos del Salado, and a 51 percent interest in El Abra.
The South America copper mines include open-pit and underground mining, sulfide ore concentrating, leaching and SX/EW operations. In addition to copper, the Cerro Verde mine produces molybdenum concentrates as a by-product, and the Candelaria and Ojos del Salado mines produce gold and silver as by-products. Production from South America copper mines is sold as copper concentrate or copper cathode under long-term contracts.
In Indonesia, PT Freeport Indonesia operates the Grasberg minerals district. Grasberg minerals district also produces significant quantities of gold and silver as by-products. The company owns 90.64 percent of PT Freeport Indonesia, including 9.36 percent owned through wholly owned subsidiary, PT Indocopper Investama.
PT Freeport Indonesia produces copper concentrates, which contain significant quantities of gold and silver. All of PT Freeport Indonesias copper concentrates are sold under long-term contracts, approximately one-half of its concentrate production is sold to affiliated smelters, Atlantic Copper and PT Smelting (PT Freeport Indonesias 25-percent owned copper smelter and refinery in Indonesia), and the remainder to other customers.
PT Freeport Indonesia operates under an agreement, called a Contract of Work, with the Government of Indonesia that allows the company to conduct exploration, mining and production activities in a 24,700-acre area called Block A located in Papua, Indonesia (refer to Note 15 for further discussion). Under the Contract of Work, PT Freeport Indonesia also conducts exploration activities in an approximate 500,000-acre area called Block B in Papua. All of PT Freeport Indonesias proven and probable mineral reserves and mining operations, including the Grasberg minerals district, are located in Block A.
The company has established certain unincorporated joint ventures with Rio Tinto plc (Rio Tinto), an international mining company with headquarters in London, England. Pursuant to the joint venture agreement, Rio Tinto has a 40 percent interest in certain assets and production exceeding specified annual amounts of copper, gold and silver through 2021 in Block A of PT Freeport Indonesias Contract of Work, and, after 2021, a 40 percent interest in all production from Block A.
Africa mining includes
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Major Shareholders
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. History
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Offices and Representations
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?