- The report contains detailed information about Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fortescue Metals Group Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. business.
About Fortescue Metals Group Ltd.
Fortescue Metal Group Limited engages in the exploration and development of the mining and infrastructure project. The companys primarily focuses on the Pilbara Iron Ore and Infrastructure Project. The company also engages in the marketing and distribution of medical products through wholly owned subsidiary Allied Medical Limited.
The company engages in the exploration and evaluation of mineral resources over various tenement areas within the Pilbara Region and in the ongoing development of an iron ore marketing program targeting the key Asian markets of China, Japan, Korea, and India.
Pilbara Iron Ore and Infrastructure Project
The company engages in the mining, processing, and marketing of iron ore at Pilbara Iron Ore and Infrastructure Project. The company also holds 50% of the issued capital of Pilbara Iron Ore Pty Ltd a joint venture company that holds the Mindy Mindy tenements.
The Project incorporates significant iron ore mineralization across approximately 200 kilometers of the Chichester Range. Its major deposit is identified at Mt Nicholas, Mt Lewin, The Hammer, Christmas Creek, Cloud Break, and White Knight.
FMG has entered into a contract with China Metallurgical Construction (Group) Corporation (MCC) a Chinese government owned entity, for the design construction and financing of the beneficiation plant.
The company has initial planned a production of 45 million tonnes per annum in the pilbara iron ore and infrastructure project. The company has signed long term contracts for eight million tonnes per annum with three Chinese customers; Hebei Wenfeng, Fengli, and Pingsteel.
Allied Medical Limited
The company through its subsidiary engages in the marketing and distribution of medical products. The company offers patient controlled analgesia, flow control tubing, v-set, catheter, and TPN product groups.
The company has entered into an agreement with Baosteel Trading Co., Ltd. to jointly explore a mine in Western Australia that would hold magnetite deposits.
Fortescue Metals Group, Ltd. has formed a joint venture with a junior company to explore for iron ore in the Pilbara. Fortescue has signed a memorandum of understanding with Cullen Resources. Under the agreement, Fortescue could earn approximately 51% interest in the iron ore rights on a group of Cullen's tenements.
The company and Baosteel have signed a memorandum of understanding to form a joint venture to explore and develop a low-grade magnetite deposit near the company's Cloud Break mine.
Cazaly Resources, Ltd. had teamed with Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. to explore development of the Rhodes Ridge project, provided it was successful in undermining Rio Tinto's existing leases. The project is estimated to contain approximately two billion tonnes of high-grade hematite and is recognised as undeveloped iron ore resources in WA.
Atlas Iron Limited has entered into a joint-venture agreement with Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. for Atlas's Abydos project in Western Australia's Pilbara region. The joint venture covers a tenement over which Atlas owns the iron ore rights. Atlas also said that it was the first company to seal a port access deal with Fortescue for its Port Hedland iron ore export terminal. The primary focus of the joint venture is to define and develop extensions to the FMG Glacial Valley magnetite deposit.
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd., in February 2009, has signed a co-operation agreement with Hunan Valin Iron & Steel Group Co. Ltd. to increase iron ore sales to Valin and to research new technologies to process lower grade iron ores.
In August 2009, BC Iron Limited has formally entered into the Nullagine Joint Venture (NJV) with its 50:50 infrastructure joint venture partner, Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. for development of the Nullagine iron ore project, located in Western Australia's Pilbara region.
Fortescue Metal Group Limited was formerly known as Allied Mining and Processing Limited changed its name to Fortescue Metals Group Limited in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FORTESCUE METALS GROUP LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Major Shareholders
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. History
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Offices and Representations
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?