- The report contains detailed information about DRDGOLD Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DRDGOLD Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DRDGOLD Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DRDGOLD Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DRDGOLD Ltd. business.
About DRDGOLD Ltd.
DRDGOLD Limited engages in the exploration, extraction, processing, and smelting of gold in South Africa.
The companys 74%-owned operating subsidiary is DRDGOLD South African Operations (Pty) Limited (DRDGOLD SA). The operations, which are owned and run through DRDGOLD SA, are Blyvooruitzicht Gold Mining Company Limited (Blyvoor), East Rand Proprietary Mines Limited (ERPM), Crown Gold Recoveries (Pty) Limited (Crown), Ergo Mining (Pty) Limited (Ergo JV), and Elsburg Gold Mining Joint Venture (ErgoGold). It is also a 50% partner in an early-stage gold exploration project on Zimbabwes Greenstone Belt.
Blyvoor: Blyvoor is situated on the north-western edge of the Witwatersrand Basin, near the town of Carletonville, Gauteng Province, about 50.0 miles (80.5 kilometers) south-west of Johannesburg. Blyvoor has mining title to 16,242 acres (6,573 hectares) and owns 5,138 acres (2,079 hectares) of freehold property. Blyvoor has two main gold-bearing horizons: Central Rand Goldfields, which is the principal ore bodies in the goldfield; and the Middelvlei Reef horizons which occur in discrete channels over parts of the lease area approximately 246 feet (75 meters) vertically above the Carbon Leader Reef horizon. As of June 30, 2010, the proven and probable Ore reserves of Blyvoor were 4.0 million ounces. Blyvoor produced approximately 106,452 ounces of gold in 2010, with 77,226 ounces from underground areas and 29,226 ounces from surface areas.
Crown: Crown has a surface retreatment operation consisting of the Crown Central, City Deep and Knights business units, collectively referred to as Crown. Crown undertakes the retreatment of surface sources deposited as tailing from non-operating mining sites across central Johannesburg. Crown is situated on the outskirts of Johannesburg, South Africa and consists of three separate locations. It has mining rights to 5,787 acres (2,342 hectares) and has the right to occupy 1,490 acres (603 hectares) of freehold property. Crowns major project is Top Star, a tailings dam to the south of Johannesburgs CBD. As of June 30, 2010, the proven and probable Ore reserves of Crown were 0.9 million ounces. Crown produced approximately 99,410 ounces of gold in 2010.
ERPM: ERPM consists of an underground section and the Cason Dump surface retreatment operation. ERPM is situated on the Central Rand Goldfield located within and near the northern margin of the Witwatersrand Basin in the town of Boksburg, 20 miles (32 kilometers) east of Johannesburg. Underground mining operations at ERPM consist of two vertical shafts known as FEV Shaft and the Central Shaft. The Cason Dump was used for the retreatment of surface material mined from the defunct Cason shaft. As of June 30, 2010, the proven and probable Ore reserves of ERPM are included under Crown and Ergo. The total surface Ore reserves consist of 0.1 million ounces from the Cason Dump; and 1.2 million ounces from the Elsburg and Benoni tailings complexes.
Ergo: Ergo (consisting of Ergo JV and ErgoGold) consists of one operating carbon-in-leach (CIL), circuit at the Brakpan plant, the Brakpan/Withok deposition complex purchased from AngloGold Ashanti and the Elsburg tailings complex, consisting approximately 180 Mt of tailings. The Ergo operations are located approximately 43 miles (70 kilometers) east of the Johannesburgs central business district in the province of Gauteng. Ergo undertakes the re-treatment of surface sources deposited as tailings from non-operational mining sites east of Johannesburg. As of June 30, 2010, the proven and probable Ore reserves of Ergo were 1.2 million ounces. In 2010, Ergo produced approximately 35,332 ounces. In 2010, the Ergo phase 1 production ramp-up to be completed with the installation of the second Elsburg tailings complex feeder line to the Ergo plant.
DRDGOLD Limited was founded in 1895.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DRDGOLD LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DRDGOLD LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DRDGOLD LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DRDGOLD LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DRDGOLD LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DRDGOLD Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DRDGOLD Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DRDGOLD Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DRDGOLD Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DRDGOLD Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. DRDGOLD LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DRDGOLD LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DRDGOLD LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DRDGOLD LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DRDGOLD LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DRDGOLD LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DRDGOLD Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DRDGOLD Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DRDGOLD Ltd. Major Shareholders
DRDGOLD Ltd. History
DRDGOLD Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DRDGOLD Ltd. Offices and Representations
DRDGOLD Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DRDGOLD Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DRDGOLD Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
DRDGOLD Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
DRDGOLD Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DRDGOLD Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DRDGOLD Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DRDGOLD Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
DRDGOLD Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
DRDGOLD Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DRDGOLD Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DRDGOLD Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?