- The report contains detailed information about Compass Minerals International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Compass Minerals International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Compass Minerals International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Compass Minerals International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Compass Minerals International Inc. business.
About Compass Minerals International Inc.
Compass Minerals International, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the production and marketing of inorganic mineral products in North America and the United Kingdom. The company's principal products are salt, consisting of sodium chloride and magnesium chloride, and sulfate of potash (SOP), a specialty fertilizer. It provides highway deicing products to customers in North America and the United Kingdom, and specialty fertilizer to growers worldwide. The company also produces and markets consumer deicing and water conditioning products, ingredients used in consumer and commercial foods, and other mineral-based products for consumer, agricultural, and industrial applications. It also provides records management services to businesses located in the U.K.
The company operates 11 production and packaging facilities, including the rock salt mine in Goderich, Ontario and the salt mine in the United Kingdom in Winsford, Cheshire. Its solar evaporation facility is located in Ogden, Utah.
The company operates through two segments, Salt and Specialty Fertilizer.
Through its Salt segment, the company mines, produces, processes, and distributes sodium chloride and magnesium chloride in North America and the United Kingdom, including rock, evaporated and solar salt and liquid and flake magnesium chloride. The company also purchases potassium chloride and calcium chloride to sell as finished products or to blend with sodium chloride to produce specialty products.
The companys salt products are marketed primarily in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Salt is used in various applications, including as a deicer for both highway and consumer or professional use (rock salt and specialty deicers, which include pure or blended magnesium chloride, potassium chloride and calcium chloride salts with sodium chloride), an ingredient in the production of chemicals, for water treatment, and various other consumer and industrial uses, such as a flavor enhancer and preservative in food, a nutrient and trace mineral delivery vehicle in animal feeds, an essential component in both industrial and residential water softeners and as an additive to aid in the disinfection of spas and swimming pools.
Operations and Facilities: The companys central and Midwestern United States consumer and industrial customer base is served primarily by its mechanical evaporation plant in Lyons, Kansas. Additionally, the company serves areas around the Great Lakes with evaporated salt purchased from a suppliers facility in Michigan.
Canada: The company produces finished products at four different locations in Canada. From the Goderich, Ontario rock salt mine, the company serves the highway deicing markets and the consumer and industrial markets in Canada and the Great Lakes region of the United States, principally through a series of depots located around the Great Lakes.
United Kingdom: The companys United Kingdom highway deicing customer base is served by the Winsford rock salt mine in Northwest England, near Manchester.
Customers: The company's principal customers are states, provinces, counties, municipalities, and road maintenance contractors that purchase bulk deicing salt, both untreated and treated, for ice control on public roadways. Its principal chemical customers are producers of intermediate chemical products used in the production of vinyls and other chemicals and pulp and paper, as well as water treatment and a variety of other industrial uses.
SPECIALTY FERTILIZER SEGMENT
The Specialty Fertilizer segment produces and markets sulfate of potash (SOP) in North America and internationally. The company offers various sizes of SOP products. SOP is primarily used as a specialty fertilizer, providing essential potassium to improve the yield and quality of crops, which tend to be chloride-sensitive, such as vegetables, fruits, potatoes, nuts, tobacco, and turf grass.
The company's SOP production is located at the Great Salt Lake west of Ogden, Utah. Its domestic sales of SOP are concentrated in the western and southeastern portions of the United States where the crops and soil conditions favor the use of SOP as a source of potassium nutrients.
DeepStore is a records management business in the U.K. that utilizes certain excavated portions of its salt mine in Winsford, Cheshire for secure document storage. DeepStore owns Interactive Records Management Limited, a records management business with two locations in London, England.
Compass Minerals International, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Compass Minerals International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Compass Minerals International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Compass Minerals International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Compass Minerals International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Compass Minerals International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Compass Minerals International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Compass Minerals International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Compass Minerals International Inc. Major Shareholders
Compass Minerals International Inc. History
Compass Minerals International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Compass Minerals International Inc. Offices and Representations
Compass Minerals International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Compass Minerals International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Compass Minerals International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Compass Minerals International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Compass Minerals International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Compass Minerals International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Compass Minerals International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Compass Minerals International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Compass Minerals International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Compass Minerals International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Compass Minerals International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Compass Minerals International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?