- The report contains detailed information about Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA business.
About Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA
Compania de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A. operates as a precious metals company in Peru. The company engages in the exploration, mining and processing of gold, silver and other metals in Peru.
The company principally produces refined gold and silver, either as dore bars or concentrates, and other metals, such as lead, zinc, and copper as concentrates that it distributes and sells locally and internationally.
The company operates the Julcani, Recuperada, Orcopampa, Poracota, Uchucchacua, Antapite and Ishihuinca mines and has controlling interests in two other mining companies which operate the Colquijirca, Marcapunta and Shila-Paula mines. It also owns an electric power transmission company and an engineering services consulting company and has minority interests in various other mining companies, including a significant ownership interest in Yanacocha, a Peruvian partnership that operates South Americas gold mine, and Cerro Verde, a Peruvian company that operates a copper mine located in the south of Peru.
The company holds, either directly or in conjunction with exploration partners, 406,266 hectares of mining rights as part of its exploration program. It holds an additional 231,790 hectares in mining properties which are consolidated in its production units.
Greenfield Exploration Projects
La Zanja: Minera La Zanja S.R.L. (La Zanja) controls 32,070 hectares of mineralized ground in the La Zanja project, which is located 35 kilometers north-west of Cajamarca city. The company owns 53 percent of La Zanja, with the remainder owned by Newmont Peru.
Tantahuatay: The Tantahuatay project, a gold-copper project, is wholly-owned by Compañía Minera Coimolache S.A., or Coimolache, an entity that is 40.1 percent owned by the company.
Breapampa: The Breapampa project is a joint venture with Newmont Peru S.R.L. and is operated by the company. In December 2009, the company executed an option in its joint venture agreement with Newmont to acquire 100 percent of the mining rights at Breapampa. The Breapampa project encompasses 90,000 hectares located in the southern portion of Ayacucho region. It consists of gold and silver mineralization emplaced in epithermal high-sulfidation breccias in Tertiary volcanic rocks over the Parccaorcco hill and the Senccata area.
Chucapaca: The Chucapaca project is a gold-copper project wholly-owned by Canteras del Hallazgo S.A.C. (CDH), which is owned 51 percent by Gold Fields and 49 percent by the company. The project encompasses a total of 12,700 hectares of mining properties that define the area of interest and is located in the Moquegua region in southern Peru.
Trapiche: The Trapiche project is wholly-owned by the company and encompasses 26,414 hectares of porphyry and skarn mineralization in the Apurimac region.
Hualgayoc: Hualgayoc is a silver, zinc and lead exploration project, with copper (moly-gold) potential, owned by Consolidada de Hualgayoc S.A., or Consolidada, which is owned 50 percent by Compañía Minera Colquirrumi S.A., its 99.99%-owned subsidiary, or Colquirrumi, and 50 percent by Goldfields La Cima S.A. operator of the project and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gold Fields. Consisting of 12,698 hectares, the project is located in the Hualgayoc district, Cajamarca region, and explores for copper, gold, zinc, and lead ore.
Ccalla Arma: The Ccalla Arma project is a joint mining exploration project with Sumitomo, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation of Japan. The project encompasses 19,200 hectares of claims located in the Huancavelica region.
El Faique: The El Faique project is wholly-owned and operated by the company. The project encompasses 35,541 hectares and is located in the Sechura desert of northern Peru in the Piura region.
Terciopelo: The Terciopelo project is located in the Huancavelica region, 20 kilometers south from Huancavelica city. The project encompasses 10,315 hectares of claims leased by Cedimin to the company.
BROWNFIELD EXPLORATION PROJECTS
Uchucchacua: The Uchucchacua brownfield exploration project is located in 12,579 hectares of its mining and exploration properties. The company is focusing its exploration on tw
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. PERU PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPANIA DE MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Major Shareholders
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA History
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Offices and Representations
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Capital Market Snapshot
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA 1-year Stock Charts
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA 5-year Stock Charts
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Compania de Minas Buenaventura SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?