- The report contains detailed information about Century Aluminum Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Century Aluminum Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Century Aluminum Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Century Aluminum Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Century Aluminum Co. business.
About Century Aluminum Co.
Century Aluminum Company produces primary aluminum. The companys primary aluminum facilities produce value-added and standard-grade primary aluminum products.
The companys primary aluminum production capacity is 785,000 metric tons per year (mtpy), of which approximately 219,000 mtpy was curtailed as of February 28, 2010. The company produced approximately 605,000 mtpy of primary aluminum in 2009.
Primary Aluminum Facilities
Grundartangi: The Grundartangi facility located in Grundartangi, Iceland, is owned and operated by its subsidiary, Nordural Grundartangi ehf. The facility has a production capacity of 260,000 mtpy.
Hawesville: Hawesville is owned by Century Aluminum of Kentucky, its wholly owned subsidiary. Hawesville is located adjacent to the Ohio River near Hawesville, Kentucky. Hawesville has five reduction potlines with an annual rated production capacity of 244,000 metric tons.
Mt. Holly: Mt. Holly, located in Mt. Holly, South Carolina. The facility consists of two potlines with a total annual rated production capacity of 224,000 metric tons and casting equipment used to cast molten aluminum into standard-grade ingot, extrusion billet and other value-added primary aluminum products. Value-added primary aluminum products are sold at a premium to standard-grade primary aluminum. The companys 49.7% interest represents approximately 111,000 metric tons of the facilitys annual production capacity. Its interest in Mt. Holly is held through its subsidiary, Berkeley Aluminum, Inc. (Berkeley).
Ravenswood: The Ravenswood facility is owned and operated by its subsidiary, Century Aluminum of West Virginia, Inc. Ravenswood has four potlines with a production capacity of 170,000 metric tons. The facility is located adjacent to the Ohio River near Ravenswood, West Virginia.
Helguvik project: The company is also developing a 360,000 mtpy primary aluminum facility in Helguvik, Iceland. The Helguvik project site is located approximately 30 miles from the city of Reykjavik and is owned and would be operated through its Nordural Helguvik ehf subsidiary.
Joint Venture Facilities
In addition to its primary aluminum assets, the company has a 40% stake in Baise Haohai Carbon Co., Ltd. (BHH), a carbon anode and cathode facility located in China. The BHH facility has an annual anode production capacity of approximately 180,000 mtpy and an annual cathode graphitization capacity of up to 20,000 mtpy and supplies a portion of the anodes used in its Grundartangi facility.
The companys major customers are Southwire Company; Glencore International AG (Glencore); and BHP Billiton.
The company has alumina supply agreements with Trafigura AG; Gramercy Alumina; and Glencore. It has power supply agreements with Appalachian Power Company; South Carolina Public Service Authority; Big Rivers Energy Corporation; Landsvirkjun; Orkuveita Reykjavíkur; and HS Orka hf.
Century Aluminum Company was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Century Aluminum Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Century Aluminum Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Century Aluminum Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Century Aluminum Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Century Aluminum Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CENTURY ALUMINUM CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Century Aluminum Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Century Aluminum Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Century Aluminum Co. Major Shareholders
Century Aluminum Co. History
Century Aluminum Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Century Aluminum Co. Offices and Representations
Century Aluminum Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Century Aluminum Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Century Aluminum Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Century Aluminum Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Century Aluminum Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Century Aluminum Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Century Aluminum Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Century Aluminum Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Century Aluminum Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Century Aluminum Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Century Aluminum Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Century Aluminum Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?