- The report contains detailed information about Calais Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Calais Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Calais Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Calais Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Calais Resources Inc. business.
About Calais Resources Inc.
Calais Resources, Inc. (Calais or the Company) through its subsidiaries engages in the acquisition and exploration of mineral interests. The Companys primary property is the Caribou prospect located in Nederland, Colorado. It also has interests in exploration prospects in Nevada and Panama.
The Companys subsidiaries include Calais International, Inc.; Calais Resources Nevada, Inc.; and Calais Resources Colorado, Inc.
Caribou prospect, Colorado, USA: Gold/Silver Exploration
The Caribou prospect includes the Cross Gold Mine, the Potosi Mine and other district prospects. The prospect is on the east flank of the Front Range Mountains, approximately 25 miles west of Boulder, Colorado. The prospect area encompasses claims with additional Federal claims on public lands north and west of the Cross Mine. Gold and silver mineralization occurs in a broad, west-northwest trending zone that includes the Cross Mine and extends about 2,500 feet on the prospect.
The Caribou Consolidated District, located near Nederland, Colorado, is a 3.5 square mile consolidated precious metals district. As of May 31, 2004, the Company had completed 150,000 feet of core drilling. The property the Company own includes 128 patented and 105 unpatented mining claims.
In March 2004, Mr. Harvey and his affiliates entered into a settlement agreement with the Company which, among other things, included a precise definition of Calais right (which expires August 31, 2011) to repurchase the interest of Aardvark Agencies, Inc. (AAI) in the Caribou prospect.
Manhattan Prospect; Nevada, USA: Gold Exploration
The Manhattan prospect is located around the old mining town of Manhattan, Nevada, U.S.A. Manhattan is 15 miles southeast of Round Mountain, Nevada, located on Highway 376, 20 miles from Carvers, Nevada, and 43 miles from Tonopah, Nevada. The prospect covers approximately 4,600 acres of patented and unpatented Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and U.S. Forest Service (USFS) land.
The Company entered into an agreement with Nevada Manhattan Mining Incorporated to settle and purchase its interest in the property. As of May 31, 2004, the Company was not intending to explore this property until the title situation has been resolved.
Panama Prospect: Gold Exploration
The Panamanian concession consists of approximately 24,000 hectares, and includes river marine placer, off shore marine placer, and hard rock prospects located in the eastern Veraguas district of Panama.
The Company entered into a 'Purchase Option Agreement' with Panama Mining of Golden Cycle of Panama Incorporated and Golden Cycle of Panama, Inc. Panama Mining of Golden Cycle has an agreement with Golden Cycle of Panama for 3,000 hectares.
Calais Resources, Inc. was incorporated in the year 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Calais Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Calais Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Calais Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Calais Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Calais Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CALAIS RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Calais Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Calais Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Calais Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
Calais Resources Inc. History
Calais Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Calais Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
Calais Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Calais Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Calais Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Calais Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Calais Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Calais Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Calais Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Calais Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Calais Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Calais Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Calais Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Calais Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?