- The report contains detailed information about Boliden AB that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Boliden AB. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Boliden AB financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Boliden AB competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Boliden AB business.
About Boliden AB
Boliden AB is the Parent Company of The Boliden Group (Boliden or the Group). The Group mines, processes and markets metals and mineral products mainly copper and zinc, but also gold, silver and lead. Boliden conducts mining operations in Sweden and Canada, and also has smelting operations in Sweden. Within these areas, Boliden also provides technology sales. The Group also manufactures and markets copper tubing and brass products and has production plants in Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK.
The four business areas comprise Mining Operations, Smelting Operations, Technology Sales and Fabrication, the latter, a producer of copper tubing and brass rods. The metals produced by Boliden are used in a wide variety of spheres. The brass rods, for example, are used to make water taps that are subsequently chrome-plated. The automotive manufacturing industry uses most of Bolidens metals, with copper in the electrical system, zinc in the bodywork, gold in the circuit boards and lead in the battery. The electronics industry uses for the companys products include copper in electrical systems and gold in circuit boards metals that are then recycled in Bolidens Rönnskär smelter.
Boliden owns seven mines and two smelters in Sweden and one mine in Canada. Exploration is mainly based around these mines. Boliden, in addition to its mining and smelting operations, manufactures and markets copper tubing, brass rods and other specialist products under the umbrella of Business Area Fabrication, with production based at a number of plants throughout Europe. A fourth business area Technology Sales sells technology for use in such fields as mineral processing, metallurgy and the environment.
The mining operations are located at Gällivare, Boliden and Garpenberg in Sweden and in British Columbia, Canada. The smelting operations are located near Skellefteå (Rönnskär) and in Landskrona (Bergsöe). Technology Sales are based in Skellefteå with representative offices in Moscow, Beijing and Santiago. Business Area Fabrications manufacturing is based at Gusum in Sweden, Liège in Belgium, Drunen and Waalwijk in Holland and Birmingham in the UK. Fabrication also has sales offices in Spain, France, Germany, the UK, Belgium, Poland and Denmark.
Bolidens mining operations are divided into three areas in Sweden Aitik, the Boliden Area and Garpenberg plus Myra Falls in Canada. All are underground mines, with the exception of Maurliden in the Boliden Area and Aitik, which are open-pit mines. Ore containing copper, zinc, gold, silver and lead is mined.
Aitik, outside of Gällivare, is one of Europes major copper mines. Approximately 18.6 million tonnes of disseminated copper ore, containing copper, gold and silver, were mined and milled during the year. Aitik is an important supplier of copper concentrate to the Rönnskär smelter. Boliden currently has four mines operational in the Boliden Area outside Skellefteå, namely Kristineberg, Renström, Petiknäs and Maurliden. Most of these mines produce complex ore, containing copper, zinc, lead, gold and silver. Approximately 1.6 million tonnes of ore are milled annually in the concentrator in the area, which also includes a gold leaching plant. Approximately 1 million tonnes of complex ore, containing copper, lead and gold in addition to zinc and silver are mined and milled annually at the Garpenberg and Garpenberg Norra mines outside Hedemora. Complex ore containing zinc, copper and gold is mined at Myra Falls, situated on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. The concentrator has a capacity of just over 1.1 million tonnes a year. Customers are located mainly in Japan and Korea.
The competition in the copper- and zinc-concentrate markets is global. Major competitors in the copper market are Codelco (Chile), Phelps Dodge (USA), BHP Billiton (Australia, South Africa), Rio Tinto (UK) and Grupo Mexico (Mexico). The major zinc concentrate producers are Pasminco (Australia), Teck Cominco (Canada) and Noranda (Canada).
Boliden operates two smelters in Sweden Rönnskär in Skellefteha
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BOLIDEN AB COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BOLIDEN AB BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BOLIDEN AB SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BOLIDEN AB FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BOLIDEN AB COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Boliden AB Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Boliden AB and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Boliden AB and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Boliden AB Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Boliden AB Industry Position Analysis
6. BOLIDEN AB NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BOLIDEN AB EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BOLIDEN AB ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BOLIDEN AB IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BOLIDEN AB PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BOLIDEN AB VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Boliden AB Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Boliden AB Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Boliden AB Major Shareholders
Boliden AB History
Boliden AB Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Boliden AB Offices and Representations
Boliden AB SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Boliden AB Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Boliden AB Capital Market Snapshot
Boliden AB Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Boliden AB Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Boliden AB Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Boliden AB Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Boliden AB 1-year Stock Charts
Boliden AB 5-year Stock Charts
Boliden AB vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Boliden AB vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Boliden AB Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?