- The report contains detailed information about Bluescope Steel Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bluescope Steel Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bluescope Steel Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bluescope Steel Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bluescope Steel Ltd. business.
About Bluescope Steel Ltd.
BlueScope Steel Limited supplies a range of steel products in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Pacific.
The company operates in six segments: Coated & Industrial Products Australia; Australia Distribution & Solutions; New Zealand & Pacific Steel Products; Coated & Building Products Asia; Hot Rolled Products North America; and Coated & Building Products North America.
Coated & Industrial Products Australia
The Coated & Industrial Products Australia Segment includes the Port Kembla Steelworks, a steel making operation with an annual production capacity of approximately 5.2 million tonnes of crude steel. The Port Kembla Steelworks is a supplier of flat steel in Australia, manufacturing slab, hot rolled coil, and plate products. The segment also comprises two main metallic coating facilities located in Springhill, New South Wales, and Western Port, Victoria together with steel plant facilities in western Sydney and Acacia Ridge, Queensland. The company produces a range of COLORBOND pre-printed steel and ZINCALUME zinc/aluminium branded products.
Australia Distribution & Solutions
The Australia Distribution & Solutions Segment contains a network of service centers and distribution sites from which it forms a key supplier to the Australian building and construction industry, automotive sector, major white goods manufacturers, and manufacturers. The operating segment also holds the Lysaght steel solutions business, providing a range of LYSAGHT branded products to the building and construction sector and its water business containing rain storage tank solutions.
New Zealand & Pacific Steel Products
The New Zealand & Pacific Steel Products Segment operation at Glenbrok, New Zealand, produces a range of flat steel products for both domestic and export markets. It has an annual production capacity of 0.6 million tones. The segment also includes facilities in New Caledonia, Fiji, Vanuatu, which manufacture and distribute LYSAGHT range of products.
Coated & Building Products Asia
The Coated & Building Products Asia Segment manufactures and distributes a range of metallic coated, painted steel products, pre-engineered steel building systems primarily to the building and construction industry and to sections of the manufacturing industry Asia.
Hot Rolled Products North America
The Hot Rolled Products North America Segment includes 50% interest in North Star BlueScope Steel LLC joint venture, a steel mini mill, and a 47.5% shareholding in Castrip LLC. The joint venture manufactures hot rolled steel products.
Coated & Building Products North America
The Coated & Building Products North Am Segment includes the North American Buildings Group, which designs, manufactures, and markets pre-engineered steel buildings and component systems; Steelscape, a producer of metal coated and painted steel coils; Melt-Span, a manufacturer of insulated steel panels for commercial, industrial, and cold-storage buildings; and ASC Profiles, a manufacturer of building components, including architectural roof and wall systems, and structural roof and decking.
The company has a 50% interest in Tata BlueScope Steel Limited, which engages in the construction of a metal coating and paintline facility, pre-engineered building, and roll forming facilities in India.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bluescope Steel Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bluescope Steel Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bluescope Steel Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bluescope Steel Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bluescope Steel Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BLUESCOPE STEEL LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Major Shareholders
Bluescope Steel Ltd. History
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Offices and Representations
Bluescope Steel Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bluescope Steel Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Bluescope Steel Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Bluescope Steel Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bluescope Steel Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bluescope Steel Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?