- The report contains detailed information about BHP Billiton plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BHP Billiton plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BHP Billiton plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BHP Billiton plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BHP Billiton plc business.
About BHP Billiton plc
BHP Billiton Plc operates as a diversified natural resources company. The company invests in assets that provide a portfolio of export-oriented commodities: steelmaking productsiron ore, metallurgical coal, and manganese; non-ferrous productscopper, aluminium, nickel, and diamonds; and energy productspetroleum, liquefied natural gas (LNG), energy coal, and uranium.
The company operates nine businesses, called Customer Sector Groups (CSGs), which are aligned with the commodities that it extracts and markets: Petroleum, Aluminium, Base Metals, Diamonds and Specialty Products, Stainless Steel Materials, Iron Ore, Manganese, Metallurgical Coal, and Energy Coal.
PETROLEUM CUSTOMER SECTOR GROUP
Petroleum CSG operates an oil and gas business. The company has producing assets in six countries and exploration opportunities in another six countries. The company sells its crude oil production to refiners around the world. Gas is marketed under long-term domestic contracts and it exports LNG under long-term contracts.
Bass Strait: The company holds 50% interest in the Bass Strait fields located at Offshore Victoria, Australia, which is an oil and gas production asset. Esso Australia owns the other 50% interest and is the operator. There are 20 producing fields with 21 offshore developments (14 steel jacket platforms, 3 subsea developments, 2 steel gravity based mono towers and 2 gravity based platforms).
North West Shelf (NWS), Gas and Gas Liquids (LPG and condensate): The company participates in the North West Shelf (NWS) Project, an unincorporated joint venture located in northwestern Australia. It is a Gas, LPG and condensate production and LNG liquefication project.
North West Shelf Crude Oil: The company holds 16.67% working interest in oil production from the fields located at approximately 30 kilometers northeast of the North Rankin gas and condensate field, offshore Western Australia, Australia. The crude oil production is from the Wanaea, Cossack, Lambert and Hermes oil fields. Woodside Petroleum Ltd is the operator of the project.
Griffin: The company holds 45% interest in the project. The other 55% is held by Mobil Exploration and Producing Australia (35%) and Inpex Alpha (20%). The project is located at Carnarvon Basin, 62 kilometers offshore Western Australia, Australia. It comprises the Griffin, Chinook, and Scindian offshore oil and gas fields. The Griffin Venture has an original production design capacity of 80 Mbbl/d of crude oil and 50 MMcf/d of gas.
Minerva: The company holds 90% share of Minerva in a joint venture agreement. The project is located at approximately 10 kilometers offshore in the Otway Basin of Victoria, Australia. The other 10% is held by Santos (BOL) Pty, Ltd. It consists of single offshore gas reservoir with 2 compartments. Its Gas plant is situated approximately 4 kilometers inland from Port Campbell. The Minerva development consists of two well completions in 60 meters of water. A single flow line transports gas to an onshore gas processing facility with an original production design capacity of 150 TJ/d and 600 bbl/d of condensate.
Stybarrow: The company owns a 50% share of the Stybarrow venture situated in the Exmouth Sub-basin, 30 km offshore Western Australia, Australia. The other 50% interest is held by Woodside Energy. The company is the operator of the field. It consists of the Stybarrow and Eskdale oil and gas fields.
Zamzama: The company holds a 38.5% working interest in the joint venture. The project is located in Dadu Block, Sindh Province, Pakistan. The Zamzama project consists of 5 production wells and 4 process trains with a total capacity of 500 MMcf/d and 3,350 bbl/d of condensate.
Neptune (Green Canyon 613): The company holds a 35% interest in the joint venture located in Gulf of Mexico. The other owners are Marathon Oil (30%), Woodside Energy (20%), and Maxus U.S. Exploration (15%). The company is the operator. The facility has nameplate processing capacity of 50 Mbbl/d of oil and 50 MMcf/d of gas.
Shenzi/Genghis Khan: The company has a 44 per cent interest. Other owners of the project are Repsol (28 per cent) and
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BHP BILLITON PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BHP BILLITON PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BHP BILLITON PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BHP BILLITON PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BHP BILLITON PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BHP Billiton plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BHP Billiton plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BHP Billiton plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BHP Billiton plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BHP Billiton plc Industry Position Analysis
6. BHP BILLITON PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BHP BILLITON PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BHP BILLITON PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BHP BILLITON PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BHP BILLITON PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BHP BILLITON PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BHP Billiton plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BHP Billiton plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BHP Billiton plc Major Shareholders
BHP Billiton plc History
BHP Billiton plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BHP Billiton plc Offices and Representations
BHP Billiton plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BHP Billiton plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BHP Billiton plc Capital Market Snapshot
BHP Billiton plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
BHP Billiton plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BHP Billiton plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BHP Billiton plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BHP Billiton plc 1-year Stock Charts
BHP Billiton plc 5-year Stock Charts
BHP Billiton plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BHP Billiton plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BHP Billiton plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?