- The report contains detailed information about Barrick Gold Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Barrick Gold Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Barrick Gold Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Barrick Gold Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Barrick Gold Corporation business.
About Barrick Gold Corporation
Barrick Gold Corporation engages in the production and sale of gold, as well as related activities, such as exploration and mine development. The company also produces copper and holds interests in a platinum group metals development project and a nickel development project, both located in Africa, a platinum group metals project located in Russia and oil and gas properties located in Canada.
The company has operating mines or projects in Canada, the United States, Dominican Republic, Australia, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Pakistan, and Tanzania.
The Goldstrike property is located in Elko and Eureka Counties in north central Nevada. As of December 31, 2009, the Goldstrike property included approximately 4,197 hectares of surface rights ownership/control (3,420 hectares private and 778 hectares public), and approximately 3,535 hectares of mineral rights ownership/control (2,741 hectares private and 794 hectares public). The Goldstrike property includes a total of 298 unpatented mining and millsite claims to control the public acreage.
The Cortez mine is located 100 kilometers southwest of Elko, Nevada in Lander County. The Cortez joint venture directly controls an area of interest of approximately 100,561 hectares.
Lagunas Norte Mine
The Lagunas Norte mine is an open pit, heap leaching operation. The mine is located in the Alto Chicama mining district. The Alto Chicama mining district encompasses 4 concessions or mining rights totaling 20,322 hectares. The company owns the 3 primary mining concessions, encompassing 18,550 hectares. These three concessions were consolidated into a single mining concession called Acumulacion Alto Chicama. The company owns 3 additional mining concessions, encompassing 1,772 hectares.
The Veladero mine is an open pit mine using heap leaching. The Veladero mine includes the mining of gold and silver from two open pits: the Filo Federico pit and the Amable pit.
The Veladero mine is a combination of two properties the Veladero mining group, consisting of eight mining concessions owned by the Provincial Mining Exploration and Exploitation Institute (IPEEM) and operated by Minera Argentina Gold S.A. (MAGSA), a subsidiary of Barrick in Argentina; and the Ursulina Sur mining concession owned and controlled by MAGSA. These two properties cover an area of approximately 12,350 hectares. In 2009 an Addendum to the Exploitation Agreement was signed with IPEEM by which the mining properties located to the east of the Veladero mining operation were added to such mining operation. These properties are: Florencia 1; Gaby M; Río 2 and Río 3. With the execution of the Addendum, the Veladero mining properties cover an area of approximately 14,898 hectares.
Zaldívar is an open pit heap leach copper mine located in northern Chile. The mine is located in the Andean Precordillera in Region II of northern Chile.
Barrick (Niugini) Limited is the Manager of and holds a 95% Participating Interest in the Porgera Joint Venture (PJV), which owns and operates the Porgera Gold Mine at Porgera in the Enga Province of Papua New Guinea. The Porgera mine is located in Enga Province in the highlands of Papua New Guinea (PNG).
The company is the 60% owner and operator of the Pueblo Viejo project and Goldcorp owns a 40% interest. The Pueblo Viejo project, which is being developed as an open pit gold mine, is located in the Dominican Republic.
As of December 31, 2009, Barricks African operations consisted of its Bulyanhulu mine, its 70% interest in the Tulawaka mine, its North Mara mine and its Buzwagi mine, all located in Tanzania and its projects included its 50% interest in the Kabanga project, located in Tanzania.
Cerro Casale Project
The company owns a 75% interest in the Cerro Casale Project, which is an undeveloped gold-copper deposit.
The company is party to a joint-venture agreement with Xstrata plc with respect to the Kabanga nickel deposit and related concession in Tanzania. During 2008, Xstrata earned its 50% interest in the project under the earn-in agreement and is the operator of the project.
Minasnioc Gold Project
In May 2010, the company acquired the Minasnioc Gold Project, which covers 1000 hectares in the Department of Huancavelica, approximately 300 kilometers southeast of Lima.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys total proven and probable gold mineral reserves were 139.8 million ounces.
In 2009, the company sold silver in an amount equivalent to 25% of the life-of-mine silver produced from the Pascua-Lama project.
Barrick Gold Corporation was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Barrick Gold Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Barrick Gold Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Barrick Gold Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Barrick Gold Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Barrick Gold Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BARRICK GOLD CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Barrick Gold Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Barrick Gold Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Barrick Gold Corporation Major Shareholders
Barrick Gold Corporation History
Barrick Gold Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Barrick Gold Corporation Offices and Representations
Barrick Gold Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Barrick Gold Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Barrick Gold Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Barrick Gold Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Barrick Gold Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Barrick Gold Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Barrick Gold Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Barrick Gold Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Barrick Gold Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Barrick Gold Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Barrick Gold Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Barrick Gold Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?