- The report contains detailed information about Antofagasta plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Antofagasta plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Antofagasta plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Antofagasta plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Antofagasta plc business.
About Antofagasta plc
Antofagasta plc, through its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, production, and sale of copper and molybdenum concentrates primarily in Chile.
The company operates through three divisions: Mining, Transport, and Water.
The Mining division owns and operates copper mines in Los Pelambres, El Tesoro, and Michilla. It also engages in mineral exploration primarily in Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, and Pakistan. The mining division is managed by Antofagasta Minerals S.A. (AMSA), a wholly-owned indirect Group subsidiary based in Santiago.
Los Pelambres is located in Chiles Coquimbo Region and uses a flotation process to produce copper concentrate (containing a small quantity of gold and silver) which is sold to copper smelters (including the Japanese minority shareholders) for conversion through smelting and refining into copper cathode. It also produces molybdenum concentrate as a by-product of the flotation process which is sold to molybdenum roasting plants to produce molybdenum oxide.
El Tesoro and Michilla, which are located in Chiles Antofagasta Region, use a heap-leach and solvent-extraction electro-winning process to produce copper cathodes which are sold to fabricators for conversion into applications including copper wiring and tubing. The copper and molybdenum concentrate and copper cathodes are sold internationally, principally under contracts with smelters, roasters and fabricators or traders.
The Transport division operates a railway network that transports consumables and mining-related products, as well as copper cathodes and mining equipment in northern Chile and Bolivia. This division also involves in road transportation, engineering, and freight-forwarding services, as well as water distribution to large customers.
The Water division operates a concession for the distribution of water in the Antofagasta region. It supplies water to mines and industrial users, as well as to domestic customers. This division also engages in the production and distribution of potable water; and the removal, treatment, and final disposal of wastewater.
On January 15, 2010, Duluth Metals Limited announced it has signed a binding heads of agreement with Antofagasta plc on a joint venture development of the large scale Nokomis Project in northeast Minnesota, USA.
Antofagasta plc was incorporated in 1888.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANTOFAGASTA PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANTOFAGASTA PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANTOFAGASTA PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANTOFAGASTA PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANTOFAGASTA PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Antofagasta plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Antofagasta plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Antofagasta plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Antofagasta plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Antofagasta plc Industry Position Analysis
6. ANTOFAGASTA PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANTOFAGASTA PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANTOFAGASTA PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANTOFAGASTA PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANTOFAGASTA PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANTOFAGASTA PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Antofagasta plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Antofagasta plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Antofagasta plc Major Shareholders
Antofagasta plc History
Antofagasta plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Antofagasta plc Offices and Representations
Antofagasta plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Antofagasta plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Antofagasta plc Capital Market Snapshot
Antofagasta plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Antofagasta plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Antofagasta plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Antofagasta plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Antofagasta plc 1-year Stock Charts
Antofagasta plc 5-year Stock Charts
Antofagasta plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Antofagasta plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Antofagasta plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?