- The report contains detailed information about AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AngloGold Ashanti Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. business.
About AngloGold Ashanti Ltd.
AngloGold Ashanti Limited engages in the exploration and production of gold. The company undertakes Greenfield exploration activities in Australia, China, North and South America, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Russia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Southeast Asia; and Brownfields exploration activities worldwide, primarily in South Africa, Mali, Guinea, and the United States.
The company South African region includes seven underground operations located in two geographic areas on the Witwatersrand Basin. These are the Vaal River area, near Klerksdorp and Orkney, in the North West Province and Free State, where the Great Noligwa, Kopanang, Tau Lekoa and Moab Khotsong mines and the surface operations are located; and the West Wits area, near Carletonville, straddling the North West Province and Gauteng, where the Mponeng, TauTona and Savuka mines are located.
Vaal River Operations
The Great Noligwa, Kopanang, Moab Khotsong and Tau Lekoa mines are situated near the towns of Klerksdorp and Orkney on the border of North West Province and the Free State. The Vaal River operations have gold plants, one uranium plant and one sulfuric acid plant.
Great Noligwa adjoins Kopanang and Moab Khotsong and is located close to the town of Orkney on the Free State side of the Vaal River. This mining operation consists of a twin-shaft system and operates approximately 8 main levels at an average depth of 2,400 meters below surface.
Kopanang adjoins Great Noligwa and is located close to the town of Orkney on the Free State side of the Vaal River. The major reef mined at Kopanang is the Vaal Reef, while a secondary reef, the Crystalkop Reef, is mined on a smaller scale. Mining operations are conducted at depths ranging from 1,280 meters to 2,240 meters. The Kopanang operation consists of a single shaft system.
Moab Khotsong is located south and south-east of Great Noligwa and Kopanang in the Free State province. The first phase of this operation included development of a main shaft system, a subsidiary ventilation shaft and 3 main production levels between 2,600 meters and 3,054 meters below surface.
Tau Lekoa is one of four mining operations in the Vaal River area. Mining operations are conducted at depths ranging from 800 meters to 1,743 meters. There are 7 shaft levels with an average of 70 panels in operation.
Vaal River Surface
The resources of AngloGold Ashanti South Africas surface operation include the waste rock dumps and tailings storage facilities. As of December 31, 2009, surface Ore Reserve totaled 1.9 million ounces.
West Wits operations
The West Wits operations consists of Mponeng, Savuka and TauTona mines. Mponeng has its own gold processing plant and the Savuka and TauTona operations share a plant.
Mponeng: Mponeng is situated near the town of Carletonville in North West Province, southwest of Johannesburg, straddling the border with the province of Gauteng. The mine mines the Ventersdorp Contact Reef (VCR).
Savuka: Savuka is situated on the West Wits line in the province of Gauteng. This operation extracts both the Carbon Leader Reef (CLR) at between 3,137 meters and 3,457 meters below surface and the Ventersdorp Contact Reef (VCR) at 1,808m below surface.
TauTona: TauTona exploits the Ventersdorp Contact Reef (VCR) and the Carbon Leader Reef (CLR). Mining operations are conducted at depths ranging from 1,850 meters to 3,450 meters at which the deepest stoping sections are found.
The company has 1 mining operation in Namibia, Navachab, which produced 65,000 ounces of gold in 2009. Navachab Gold Mine is situated near the town of Karibib. It is an open-pit mine with a processing plant which includes mills, carbon-in-pulp and electro-winning facilities, with a monthly capacity of 120,000 tonnes.
The company has seven mining operations in its Continental Africa region, including Iduapriem and Obuasi in Ghana; Siguiri in Guinea; Morila, Sadiola and Yatela in Mali; and Geita in Tanzania.
In addition, AngloGold Ashanti has had an active greenfields ex
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Major Shareholders
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. History
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Offices and Representations
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?