- The report contains detailed information about Anglo American plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Anglo American plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Anglo American plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Anglo American plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Anglo American plc business.
About Anglo American plc
Anglo American plc operates in the mining industry. The companys portfolio of mining assets includes precious, base and bulk commodities.
The companys mining businesses are Platinum, Diamonds, Base Metals, Iron Ore (Ferrous Metals) and Coal. It has operations in approximately 45 countries.
The company mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium). All of Anglo Platinums operations are located in South Africa.
Anglo Platinum wholly owns five mining operations, a tailings re-treatment facility, three smelters, a base metals refinery and a precious metals refinery, all in the Limpopo and North West provinces of South Africa. Each of its mines operates its own concentrator facilities, with smelting and refining of the output being undertaken at Rustenburg Platinum Mines metallurgical facilities.
The companys 100% owned mining operations comprise Rustenburg Platinum Mines Rustenburg, Amandelbult, Mogalakwena and Twickenham sections as well as Lebowa Platinum Mines, 51% of which is held for sale. Rustenburg Platinum Mines Union Section is 85% held, with a black economic empowerment (BEE) partner, the Bakgatla-Ba-Kgafela traditional community, holding the remainder.
Anglo Platinum also has a 50:50 joint venture with a BEE consortium, led by African Rainbow Minerals, over the Modikwa platinum mine, a joint venture with Royal Bafokeng Resources, a BEE partner, over the combined Bafokeng-Rasimone platinum mine and Styldrift properties and a joint venture with Xstrata over the Mototolo mine. In addition, Anglo Platinum has joint ventures with Aquarius Platinum covering the shallow reserves of the Kroondal and Marikana mines and portions of the reserves at Anglo Platinums Rustenburg Section.
Anglo Americans diamond interests are represented by its 45% shareholding in De Beers. De Beers operates in the diamond business. Its activities include all aspects of the diamond pipeline, including prospecting, mining and recovery. De Beers produces approximately 40% of the rough diamonds by value from its mines in Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa.
De Beers holds a 50% interest in Debswana Diamond Company and in Namdeb Diamond Corporation, owned jointly with the Government of Botswana and the Government of Namibia, respectively, and a 70% shareholding in De Beers Marine Namibia.
In addition, De Beers has a 74% shareholding in South African based De Beers Consolidated Mines Limited, with a broad-based black economic empowerment consortium (the Ponahalo group) holding the balance. De Beers owns 100% of The Diamond Trading Company (DTC), the sales and rough diamonds distribution arm of De Beers. It also has a 50% interest with the Government of Botswana in Diamond Trading Company Botswana (DTCB) and a 50% ownership, along with the Government of Namibias matching shareholding, in Namibia Diamond Trading Company (NDTC).
De Beers and LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton have established a high-end retail jewellery joint venture, through De Beers Diamond Jewellers (DBDJ), with stores in the areas of New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Tokyo and Dubai.
De Beers, through Element Six, is a major producer of synthetic industrial diamond material; applications include cutting, grinding, polishing, wire making and other technical and scientific uses.
Anglo Base Metals has interests in 13 operations in six countries, producing copper, nickel, zinc, niobium and phosphate fertilizers, together with associated by-products, including lead, molybdenum and silver. In Chile, its six copper operations comprise the wholly owned Los Bronces, El Soldado, Mantos Blancos and Mantoverde mines, the Chagres smelter and a 44% interest in the Collahuasi mine. Other South American operations are the Loma de Níquel nickel mine in Venezuela, and the Codemin nickel and Catalão niobium mines in Brazil. Anglo Base Metals also has a controlling interest in Copebrás, a Brazilian producer of phosphate fertilisers and phosphoric acid. In southern Africa, the Skorpion mine produces zinc and the Black Mountain mine produces zinc and associated by-products such as lead. Anglo Base Metals sole European operation is the Lisheen zinc and lead mine in Ireland.
Anglo Ferrous Metals primary business is iron ore. In South Africa, it holds a 63% shareholding in Kumba Iron Ore and in Brazil, it holds a 99.4% interest in the Minas-Rio iron ore project, a 69.2% interest in the Amapá iron ore system and a 49% interest in LLX Minas-Rio, the owner of the port of Açu. Other interests principally comprise Samancor Manganese (manganese ore and alloy mining) and Scaw Metals (carbon steel products). Through Kumba Iron Ore, Anglo American engages in the iron ore production.
The companys coal interests are held through its wholly owned Anglo Coal business. Anglo Coal produces approximately 100 million tonnes of thermal and metallurgical coal from four geographic regions: South Africa, Australia, South America (Venezuela and Colombia) and North America (Canada).
Anglo Industrial Minerals sole business is Tarmac, the aggregate and building products business. Tarmac has operations in the U.K construction materials industry, as well as markets in continental Europe and the Middle East.
Anglo American plc was founded in 1917.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Anglo American plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Anglo American plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Anglo American plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Anglo American plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Anglo American plc Industry Position Analysis
6. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANGLO AMERICAN PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Anglo American plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Anglo American plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Anglo American plc Major Shareholders
Anglo American plc History
Anglo American plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Anglo American plc Offices and Representations
Anglo American plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Anglo American plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Anglo American plc Capital Market Snapshot
Anglo American plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Anglo American plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Anglo American plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Anglo American plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Anglo American plc 1-year Stock Charts
Anglo American plc 5-year Stock Charts
Anglo American plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Anglo American plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Anglo American plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?