- The report contains detailed information about Aneka Tambang TBK PT that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aneka Tambang TBK PT. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aneka Tambang TBK PT financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aneka Tambang TBK PT competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aneka Tambang TBK PT business.
About Aneka Tambang TBK PT
Perusahaan Perseroan (Persero) PT Aneka Tambang Tbk operates as diversified mining and minerals processing company in Indonesia.
The seven independent state owned companies that merged to form Aneka Tambang included: PT Nikel Indonesia; PN Tambang Bauksit Indonesia; PN Logam Mulia; BPU Perusahaan-perusahaan Tambang Umum Negara; Proyek Pertambangan Intan Martapura-South Kalimantan; PN Tambang Emas Tjikotok; and Proyek Emas Logas, Pakan Baru-Riau.
The Companys mines include: Pongkor - Gold Mine; Pomalaa - Nickel Mine and Ferronickel Smelters; Gebe - Nickel Mine for Export; Gee - Nickel Mine to Supply Smelters; Kijang - Bauxite Mine; Cilacap, Lumajang and Kutuarjo - Iron Sand Mines; Cikotok - Gold Mine run by Antam's subsidiary International Antam Resources
Pongkor Gold Mine
Pongkor mine is located near Bogor, in the province of West Java. The mine is approximately 90 km from Jakarta. The mine and its reserve areas are covered by KPDU893, which was granted in 1992 for a period of 30 years for gold and silver. The surface area is approximately 4,058 ha. Indications of gold deposits at Pongkor were discovered by Antams Geology Unit in 1981 and production commenced in May 1994.
The Pongkor mine has three primary veins of gold, which are being mined; Ciguha Utama, Kubang Cicau and Ciurug.
Pongkor Factory: A mechanised cut and fill method, with hydraulic jumbo drill and load haul dump (LHD), is proposed to be introduced by mid-1998 for the third vein, Ciurug.
Ore from the stopes is processed in the processing plant which including crushing, milling, cyanidation, carbon in leach, carbon stripping, electro winning to melting and casting into anode moulds for refining, namely dore.
The processing plant at Pongkor mine was originally designed with a capacity of 182,500 wmt per annum of ore, at grades of 15g/t for gold and 156g/t for silver, with recoveries of 96 per cent. and 79.5 per cent for gold and silver, respectively.
Pongkor Gold Mine
Gold production in the 2003 reached 1,033kg on higher ore grades at 12.53 gpt, Inline with higher gold production, silver production exceeded the target by 13%, reaching 7,048 kg. Antam is on track to produce between 4,100-4,500 kg of gold in 2003.
Development activities continued on Ciurug, Pamoyanan and Gudang Handak, following the discovery of new gold deposits by Antams Geomin Unit in 2001. Drilling at Ciurug and Pamoyanan reached 898 metres and 14 metres, respectively.
Pomalaa Nickel Mine
Pomalaa is located 30 km south of Kolaka, in the District of Kolaka, which forms part of the Province of Southeast Sulawesi. It is on the eastern coast of the Gulf of Bone and has its own port for the loading and unloading of ore and ferronickel and for delivery of major consumables and large items. The port has a draft of 6m larger ships are loaded offshore from barges.
At Pomalaa, the saprolitic material is considered to be ore. The limonitic material is pushed out of the way and used for backfill after extraction of ore is complete.
The Pomalaa mine is divided into three areas, the northern the middle and the southern, covering an area of approximately 7,589 ha. The northern and the middle areas are covered by two mining rights (KPs/KWs), KPDU05 and KPDU53, respectively which valid until 16th July 2000, and the southern area by KPDU04 and KPDU52, respectively which valid until 15th March 2009. Ore from Pomalaa mine is sent to the Pomalaa ferronickel smelting plant and the remaining ore is exported, mainly to Japan.
Gebe Island Nickel Mine
Gebe Island is located in the Regency of Central Halmahera, in the Province of Moluccas. It is situated on the equator, about 40-km east of the easternmost point of Halmahera Island. Gebe Island is about 45 km long and 2 km to 6 km wide and the mine lies centrally on the south-western coast.
Gebe Island has its own port for loading and unloading of nickel ore and for the delivery of major consumables and large items. The port has a draft of three metres, which allows barges to dock at the port. Larger ships are unloaded offshore from the barges.
The Gebe Island mine and its reserves area are covered by KPDU286 which granted on 5th September 1981 for 30 years and covers an area of approximately 1,225 ha.
The Gebe Island mine produces saprolitic and limonitic nickel ore. Saprolitic nickel ore primary export to Japan whilst minority sent to the Pomalaa ferronickel smelting plant. Limonitic nickel ore majority was exported to Australia.
During 2003, Antam produced 1,800 tonnes of contained nickel in ferronickel.
Kijang Bauxite Mine
The operations at Kijang on Bintan Island were assimilated within Antam in 1968. Kijang mine produces chemical grade bauxite for export. It is now reaching the end of its long life.
The Company has a bauxite mine in Kijang, Bintan Island, province of Riau, covering an area of 8,002.4 ha. Discovery of bauxite was first reported in 1924 on Bintan Island, from which bauxite has been mined and exported sice 1935.
Cikotok Gold Mine run by Antam's subsidiary International Antam Resources Antam formerly sets for corporate restructuring on International Antam Resources Ltd. (IARL) and has performed a due diligence review on IARL for that purpose.
BHP Billiton Ltd. entered into a joint venture agreement with Aneka Tambang TBK PT (PT. Antam Tbk) to develop nickel laterite mines on Gag Island, off West Papua and North Maluku provinces.
Aneka Tambang TBK PT has selected the consortium of PT Nava Bharat Indonesia dan PT Indika Energy Tbk as potential partner in the development of a Coal Fired Power Plant (CFPP) at Pomalaa.
A consortium of Eramet SA from France and Mitsubishi Corporation from Japan would cooperate with Aneka Tambang TBK PT to build a nickel smelter in Halmahera, North Maluku in 2009. Antam and the consortium would mine nickel ore to be processed into nickel concentrate.
Perusahaan Perseroan (Persero) PT Aneka Tambang Tbk was founded in 1968.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aneka Tambang TBK PT Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aneka Tambang TBK PT and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aneka Tambang TBK PT and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aneka Tambang TBK PT Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aneka Tambang TBK PT Industry Position Analysis
6. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDONESIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANEKA TAMBANG TBK PT VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Major Shareholders
Aneka Tambang TBK PT History
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Offices and Representations
Aneka Tambang TBK PT SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Capital Market Snapshot
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aneka Tambang TBK PT 1-year Stock Charts
Aneka Tambang TBK PT 5-year Stock Charts
Aneka Tambang TBK PT vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aneka Tambang TBK PT vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aneka Tambang TBK PT Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?