- The report contains detailed information about Allegheny Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Allegheny Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Allegheny Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Allegheny Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Allegheny Technologies Inc. business.
About Allegheny Technologies Inc.
Allegheny Technologies Incorporated engages in the production of specialty metals worldwide. The companys products include titanium and titanium alloys, nickel-based alloys and superalloys, zirconium, hafnium and niobium, stainless and specialty steel alloys, grain-oriented electrical steel, tungsten-based materials and cutting tools, carbon alloy impression die forgings, and grey and ductile iron castings. Its specialty metals are produced in a range of alloys and product forms.
The companys segments include High Performance Metals, Flat-Rolled Products, and Engineered Products.
High Performance Metals segment
High Performance Metals segment produces, converts, and distributes a range of high performance alloys, including nickel- and cobalt-based alloys and superalloys, titanium and titanium-based alloys, exotic metals, such as zirconium, hafnium, niobium, nickel-titanium, and their related alloys, and other specialty alloys, primarily in long product forms, such as ingot, billet, bar, shapes and rectangles, rod, wire, seamless tube, and castings. The company also produces nickel-based alloys and superalloys, titanium alloys, and specialty metal powders, and semi-finished near-net-shape products from these powder alloys. The major end markets served by the company's High Performance Metals segment are aerospace and defense, oil and gas, chemical process industry, electrical energy, and medical. The operating units in this segment are ATI Allvac, ATI Allvac Ltd (U.K.), ATI Wah Chang, and ATI Powder Metals.
Large aircraft and aircraft engines are manufactured by companies, such as The Boeing Company, Airbus S.A.S. (an EADS company), Bombardier Aerospace (a division of Bombardier Inc.), and Embraer (Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica S.A.) for airframes, and GE Aviation (a division of General Electric Company), Pratt & Whitney (a United Technologies Corp. company), Rolls-Royce plc, Snecma (SAFRAN Group), and various joint ventures for jet engines. ATI supplies the aerospace and defense supply chain with nickel- and cobalt-based alloys and superalloys, titanium alloys, vacuum-melted specialty alloys, and advanced powder alloys for commercial and military jet engines, both original engines and spare parts. For commercial and military airframe and structural parts, ATI manufactures titanium alloys, vacuum-melted specialty alloys, and high-strength stainless alloys.
Flat-Rolled Products segment
Flat-Rolled Products segment produces, converts, and distributes stainless steel, nickel-based alloys, titanium and titanium-based alloys and specialty alloys, in various product forms, including plate, sheet, engineered strip, and Precision Rolled Strip products, as well as grain-oriented electrical steel sheet. The major end markets for its flat-rolled products are chemical process industry, oil and gas, electrical energy, automotive, food equipment and appliances, machine and cutting tools, construction and mining, aerospace and defense, and electronics, communication equipment and computers. The operations in this segment are ATI Allegheny Ludlum, its 60% interest in the Chinese joint venture company known as Shanghai STAL Precision Stainless Steel Company Limited (STAL), and its 50% interest in the industrial titanium joint venture known as Uniti LLC. The remaining 40% interest in STAL is owned by the Baosteel Group. The remaining 50% interest in Uniti LLC is held by Verkhnaya Salda Metallurgical Production Association (VSMPO), a Russian producer of titanium, aluminum, and specialty steel products.
Stainless steel, nickel-based alloys and titanium sheet products are used in various industrial and consumer applications. Engineered strip and very thin Precision Rolled Strip products are used by customers to fabricate various products primarily in the automotive, construction, and electronics markets. Majority of its engineered strip and Precision Rolled Strip products are sold directly to end-use customers. Stainless steel, nickel-based alloy and titanium plate products are primarily used in industrial markets. Grain-oriented electrical steel is used in power transformers where electrical conductivi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Allegheny Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Allegheny Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Allegheny Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Allegheny Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Allegheny Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Allegheny Technologies Inc. History
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Allegheny Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Allegheny Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Allegheny Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Allegheny Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Allegheny Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Allegheny Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?