- The report contains detailed information about Xerium Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Xerium Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Xerium Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Xerium Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Xerium Technologies Inc. business.
About Xerium Technologies Inc.
Xerium Technologies, Inc. engages in the manufacture and supply of consumable products that are used primarily in the production of paperclothing and roll covers. The company markets its products through various brands that include Huyck Wangner, Weavexx, Stowe Woodward, Mount Hope, Robec, and Xibe.
The company operates through two principal business segments, Clothing and Roll Covers.
The Clothing segment products are engineered synthetic textile belts that transport paper as it is processed on a paper-making machine from paper stock into finished paper. Clothing generally ranges in size from approximately 3 feet to approximately 30 feet wide and 24 feet to approximately 460 feet long and operates on paper-making machines that run at speeds up to 7,500 feet per minute.
The company manufactures three general types of clothing products used on paper-making machinesforming fabrics, press felts and dryer fabricseach of which is located in a different section of a machine.
Forming fabrics: Forming fabrics are used at the beginning of paper-making machines, where diluted paper stock is deposited on the forming fabric while the fabric is traveling at a very high speed. Forming fabrics allow water to drain from the paper stock, creating an initial wet sheet. Forming fabrics are custom-manufactured in single, double, and triple layer designs in various meshes to suit particular machines and paper grades.
Press felts: Press felts are used to carry the paper sheet through a series of press rolls that mechanically press water from the sheet under high pressure. Press felts differ from forming fabrics and dryer fabrics due to the addition of layers of staple fiber that are needled into the fabric base. Press felts are manufactured in various designs, including single layer felts, multi-layer laminated endless felts, and seamed felts that allow for reduced installation times.
Dryer fabrics: Dryer fabrics are used to transport the paper sheet through the drying section of paper-making machines, where high temperatures from large, steam-heated dryer cylinders evaporate the remaining moisture from the paper sheet. Dryer fabrics are woven from heat-resistant yarns with a coarser mesh than forming fabrics.
Industrials and Other: The company also manufactures other types of clothing used in other industrial applications, such as steel, plastics, leather, and textiles manufacturing. It also manufactures auto-joining equipment used on paper-making machines.
Roll Covers Products and Services
Through its Roll Covers segment, the company manufactures various types of roll covers, refurbish previously installed roll covers, provide mechanical services for the internal mechanisms of rolls used on paper-making machines and manufacture spreader rolls.
Roll covers: The company manufactures, refurbishes, and replaces covers for three kinds of rolls on paper-making machines: working rolls (including vacuum rolls and press rolls), calendar rolls and coater rolls. There can be up to 200 such rolls in a typical paper-making machine. These metal rolls, which can be up to 39 feet long, 6 feet in diameter and weigh 500 to 140,000 pounds, are covered with an exterior layer of rubber, polyurethane, composite or ceramic, each of which is designed for use in a particular phase of the paper-making process. Roll covers operate in temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, under pressures up to 1,400 pounds per square inch and at speeds approximately 7,500 feet per minute.
Roll Cover Refurbishment Services and Mechanical Services: Roll covers are typically refurbished various times over the two to five years they are in service before needing to be replaced. Refurbishment typically includes the regrinding of the roll cover to standard specifications and inspecting the bearings and other mechanical components of the roll. As with roll cover replacement, refurbishment is performed at the suppliers manufacturing facility. The company offers a range of mechanical maintenance and repair services for the internal mechanisms of rolls. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided mechanical services at 10 locations worldwide.
Spreader rolls. The company manufactures and repairs spreader rolls, which are small-diameter curved rolls used throughout a paper-making machine to stretch, smooth, and remove wrinkles from the paper and clothing. There are approximately five to seven spreader rolls in a typical paper-making machine.
The company's customers are located in North America; Europe; South America; and the Asia-Pacific.
The companys major competitors are Albany International Corp. (a publicly-owned U.S. company), which supplies clothing products; Voith AG (a privately-owned German company); and Metso Corporation (a publicly-owned Finnish company), which supply both clothing and roll products.
Xerium Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Xerium Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Xerium Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Xerium Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Xerium Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Xerium Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Xerium Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Xerium Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Xerium Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Xerium Technologies Inc. History
Xerium Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Xerium Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Xerium Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Xerium Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Xerium Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Xerium Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Xerium Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Xerium Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Xerium Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Xerium Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Xerium Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Xerium Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Xerium Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Xerium Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?