- The report contains detailed information about WLG Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for WLG Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The WLG Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes WLG Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of WLG Inc. business.
About WLG Inc.
WLG Inc. operates as a non-asset based logistics company. The company provides air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage and other supply chain management services to its customers from its offices in Hong Kong, the People's Republic of China, Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, and through a worldwide network of independent cargo agents.
The company performs, coordinates the storage of raw materials, supplies, components and finished goods and arrange their shipment by air, sea, river, rail and road from and to most major production, trading and consumer locations worldwide. It concentrates on freight shipments originating in Asia, and mostly in Hong Kong and China for shipment to Australia and to a lesser extent to Europe.
The companys business is conducted by its operating subsidiaries, which, as of December 31, 2009, included Wako Express (HK) Co. Ltd. (WEHK), Wako Air Express (HK) Co. Ltd. (WAE), Wako Express (China) Co. Ltd. (WE China), WLG (USA) LLC (WLG (USA)), Asean Cargo Services Pty Limited (Asean), WLG (UK) Limited (WLG (UK)), and World Commerce Services, LLC, (WCS).
Operations in Hong Kong
The companys subsidiaries in Hong Kong, WEHK and WAE, provide traditional air and sea freight forwarding services to customers and support its offices in other countries. In addition, they also act as the local agent for shipments of originating cargo agents in other parts of the world. Some limited value added services are performed by Hong Kong companies, most VAS activities are performed at the major manufacturing and shipping centers in China.
Operations in China
The company offers a range of freight forwarding and logistics operations in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Guangzhou in China. It maintains five other offices located throughout China, and of these, four are full offices and are located in Tianjin, Ningbo, Qingdao, and Xiamen. Its remaining office is classified as a liaison office, and is located in Dalian. The companys offices in China provide air and sea freight forwarding and local transportation services and VAS to its customers, as well as acting as an agent to overseas freight forwarders.
Operations in Australia
The company operates business in Australia through a wholly-owned subsidiary, Asean, which provides air and sea freight forwarding and customs brokerage services to its customers, with a concentration on Australian businesses that import goods into Australia from China and other parts of Asia.
Operations in the USA
The company has two locations that provide customs clearance services. WCS is a non-asset based freight forwarding company and provides a range of air and sea freight forwarding, logistics and customs brokerage services. WCS has offices in Long Island, New York, Atlanta, Georgia (sales and operations support only) and in Los Angeles, California.
Operations in the United Kingdom
The company owns a freight-forwarding and logistics business located in Manchester, England. The Manchester business is a full-service logistics provider with a VAS business. WLG (UK) serves customers that import product from Asia and also has some customers that import goods from the U.S. In addition, its export business includes a significant amount of shipments that go to Bermuda. WLG (UK) also provides in-house customs brokerage services.
Global Agency Network
WLG maintains a network of independent cargo agents in various cities worldwide. It works with approximately 600 overseas agents worldwide, many of whom have offices in strategic cities in Europe, North and South America, Africa and the Middle East.
The companys customers operate across a range of industries, which include textile and apparel retailers, a range of consumer goods, including perishable food products, office and residential furniture, industrial plant and machinery, computer and electronic equipment and printed materials. Its major customer is Qantas Airways Limited.
Freight Forwarding Services: The company arranges for the import and export of various types of goods, including garments, electronics, auto parts, fabrics, books, perishables and chemical products from and to Hong Kong, China, Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, and other countries worldwide.
Custom Brokerage Services: Customs brokerage services are performed for freight, brokerage and brokerage only customers. Customs brokerage services includes preparing all documentation required for the clearance of goods through customs and collecting and making payment of import duties to the appropriate governmental agencies.
Value Added Logistic Services (VAS): VAS includes distribution, warehousing, pick and pack for direct shipments to retail stores, preparation of goods for sale in stores, such as placing garments on hangers, packaging the garments and price-ticketing them, bar coding items or cartons for processing at destination, quality control inspection and information management.
The company has a varied customer base, including garment manufacturers and retailers, shoes, textiles, household electrical products, auto parts, medical products, food products, office and residential furniture, industrial plant and machinery, major household appliances such as refrigerators, freezers and microwave ovens, household entertainment appliances, hardware, kitchenware, books and magazines, and giftware. As of December 31, 2009, it served approximately 5,800 customers on a recurring basis.
The companys competitors are UTI Worldwide Inc., DHL Logistics, DB Schenker, Kuehne & Nagel Logistics, Inc., Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., Ceva, Inc., and Expeditors International of Washington, Inc.
The company was founded in 1982. It was formerly known as Wako Logistics Group, Inc. and changed its name to WLG Inc. in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WLG INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WLG INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WLG INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WLG INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WLG INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. WLG Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of WLG Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of WLG Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. WLG Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. WLG Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WLG INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WLG INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WLG INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WLG INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WLG INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WLG INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
WLG Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
WLG Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
WLG Inc. Major Shareholders
WLG Inc. History
WLG Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
WLG Inc. Offices and Representations
WLG Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
WLG Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
WLG Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
WLG Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
WLG Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
WLG Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
WLG Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
WLG Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
WLG Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
WLG Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
WLG Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
WLG Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?