- The report contains detailed information about United Technologies Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Technologies Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Technologies Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Technologies Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Technologies Corp. business.
About United Technologies Corp.
United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and services to the building systems and aerospace industries worldwide.
The companys segments include Otis; Carrier; UTC Fire & Security; Pratt & Whitney, Hamilton Sundstrand; and Sikorsky.
Otis operates as an elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation, and service company. Otis designs, manufactures, sells, and installs a range of passenger and freight elevators for low, medium, and high-speed applications, as well as a line of escalators and moving walkways. In addition to new equipment, Otis provides modernization products to upgrade elevators and escalators, as well as maintenance services for both its products and those of other manufacturers. Otis serves customers in the commercial and residential property industries worldwide. Otis sells directly to the end customer and, to a limited extent, through sales representatives and distributors.
Carrier provides heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration solutions, including controls for residential, commercial, industrial, and transportation applications. Carrier also provides installation, retrofit and aftermarket services for the products it sells and those of other manufacturers in the HVAC and refrigeration industries. The company owns StrionAir, a air purification technology company, Logical Automation, a building automation controls company, and the formation of Carrier Enterprise, LLC, a venture with Watsco, Inc., to distribute Carrier, Bryant, Payne and Totaline residential and light commercial HVAC products in the U.S. sunbelt region and selected territories in the Caribbean and Latin America. Carrier also integrated into its operations UTC Powers micro-turbine-based combined cooling, heating and power systems business. Carriers products and services are sold under Carrier and other brand names to building contractors and owners, homeowners, transportation companies, retail stores and food service companies. Carrier sells directly to the end customer and through manufacturers representatives, distributors, wholesalers, dealers and retail outlets. Certain of Carriers HVAC businesses are seasonal and can be impacted by weather. Carrier customarily offers its customers incentives to purchase products to ensure an adequate supply of its products in the distribution channels.
UTC Fire & Security
UTC Fire & Security provides security and fire safety products and services. UTC Fire & Security provides electronic security products, such as intruder alarms, access control systems, and video surveillance systems and designs and manufactures a range of fire safety products including specialty hazard detection and fixed suppression products, portable fire extinguishers and other firefighting equipment. Services provided to the electronic security and fire safety industries include systems integration, installation, maintenance, and inspection services. UTC Fire & Security also provides monitoring, response and security personnel services, including cash-in-transit security, to complement its electronic security and fire safety businesses.
UTC Fire & Security products and services are used by governments, financial institutions, architects, building owners and developers, security and fire consultants and other end-users requiring a high level of security and fire protection for their businesses and residences. In 2009, the company acquired GST Holdings Limited (GST), a fire alarm provider in China.
UTC Fire & Security provides its products and services under Chubb, Kidde and other brand names and sells directly to the customer, as well as through manufacturer representatives, distributors, dealers and U.S. retail distribution.
Pratt & Whitney
Pratt & Whitney supplies aircraft engines for the commercial, military, business jet, and general aviation markets. Pratt & Whitney Global Services provides maintenance, repair and overhaul services, including the sale of spare parts, as well as fleet management services for large commercial engines. Pratt & Whitney produces families of engines for wide and narrow body aircraft in the
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Technologies Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Technologies Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Technologies Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Technologies Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Technologies Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Technologies Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Technologies Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Technologies Corp. Major Shareholders
United Technologies Corp. History
United Technologies Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Technologies Corp. Offices and Representations
United Technologies Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Technologies Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Technologies Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
United Technologies Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
United Technologies Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Technologies Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Technologies Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Technologies Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
United Technologies Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
United Technologies Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Technologies Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Technologies Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?