- The report contains detailed information about United Parcel Service, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Parcel Service, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Parcel Service, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Parcel Service, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Parcel Service, Inc. business.
About United Parcel Service, Inc.
United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) operates as a package delivery company in the United States. The company delivers packages each business day for 1.8 million shipping customers to 6.1 million consignees in approximately 200 countries and territories. In 2009, the company delivered an average of 15.1 million pieces per day worldwide, or a total of 3.8 billion packages.
The companys primary business is the time-definite delivery of packages and documents worldwide. The UPS service portfolio also includes global supply chain services and less-than-truckload transportation, primarily in the U.S.
The company has operations in three segments: the U.S. Domestic Package operations, International Package operations, and Supply Chain & Freight operations.
The U.S. Domestic Package segment
The U.S. Domestic Package operations include the time-definite delivery of letters, documents, and packages throughout the United States. The U.S. business consists of air and ground delivery of small packagesup to 150 pounds in weightand letters to and from all 50 states. It also provides guaranteed, time-definite delivery of certain heavy-weight packages.
The company, in 2009, completed the first phase of a multi-year expansion of the fully automated Worldport air hub in Louisville, Kentucky. Also in 2009, the company expanded its early morning delivery service.
International Package segment
International Package operations encompass delivery of letters, documents, and packages to approximately 200 countries and territories worldwide, including shipments wholly outside the United States, as well as shipments from or to the United States with another country as the destination or origin point.
In 2009, the company expanded its presence in eastern Europe and in Central Asia with the acquisition of its service agents in Slovenia and Turkey, respectively. Also in 2009, the company set up a joint venture in Dubai to coordinate management and growth of UPS express package, freight forwarding and contract logistics services across the Middle East, Turkey, and portions of Central Asia.
Supply Chain & Freight segment
Supply Chain & Freight is comprised of its forwarding and logistics operations, UPS Freight, and other related businesses. The companys forwarding and logistics business provides services in approximately 175 countries and territories worldwide, and includes supply chain design and management, freight distribution, customs brokerage, mail and consulting services. UPS Freight offers various less-than-truckload (LTL) and truckload (TL) services to customers in North America. Other business units with in this segment include Mail Boxes, Etc., and UPS Capital.
UPS Freight is an LTL service, which offers a range of regional, inter-regional and long-haul LTL capabilities in all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands.
Transportation and Infrastructure: The company operates a ground fleet of approximately 101,900 vehicles, which reaches all business and residential zip codes in the contiguous the U.S. The company also operates an air fleet of 510 aircraft. The companys primary air hub is in Louisville, Kentucky. Regional air hubs are located in Hartford, Connecticut; Ontario, California; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Rockford, Illinois.
Products and Services
Global Small Package: The companys global small package portfolio consists of export and domestic services. Export services are those provided for packages crossing a countrys borders, while domestic services are for packages that stay with in the borders of a single country. The company provides domestic express services in 50 countries outside the United States. This portfolio includes guaranteed delivery options to major cities around the world. The company handles packages that weigh up to 150 pounds and are up to 165 inches in combined length and girth. The company offers same-day pickup of air and ground packages. The company also offers worldwide customs clearance service for any mode of transportation.
The company offers a paperless invoice service for international small package shippers that integ
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Parcel Service, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Parcel Service, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Parcel Service, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Parcel Service, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Parcel Service, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Parcel Service, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Parcel Service, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Parcel Service, Inc. Major Shareholders
United Parcel Service, Inc. History
United Parcel Service, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Parcel Service, Inc. Offices and Representations
United Parcel Service, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Parcel Service, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Parcel Service, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
United Parcel Service, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
United Parcel Service, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Parcel Service, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Parcel Service, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Parcel Service, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
United Parcel Service, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
United Parcel Service, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Parcel Service, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Parcel Service, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?