- The report contains detailed information about Thermwood Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Thermwood Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Thermwood Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Thermwood Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Thermwood Corporation business.
About Thermwood Corporation
Thermwood Corp. develops and manufactures most of the products it markets. The company divides its operations into three operating segments. The companys Machining Products Division is responsible for marketing its machinery, hardware and software products. The companys Technical Services Division is responsible for marketing and providing its service, support and machine upgrade products. Thermwood Europe Ltd. is a British Company, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Thermwood Corporation and reports to the Machining Products Division. The companys E-commerce Division will manage catalog sales in addition to operating an Internet based store and a distribution effort based on a software program called eCabinet Systems.
Machining Products Division - Products
CNC Router - Systems and Packages
The companys automated industrial systems are high-speed computer controlled, fully automatic machining centers commonly called CNC routers. The company designs these centers to perform a variety of tasks such as routing, drilling, sanding, carving, sawing and shaping wood parts, trimming of three dimensional plastic parts, machining of aluminum honeycomb, drilling and high speed machining of aluminum both vertically and horizontally, mortising, which means cutting square holes in furniture, and sawing and squaring, which means cutting inside square corners. They generally operate over larger table areas and at higher speeds than do conventional metalworking machine tools but cannot machine the heavy materials and large cross sections that standard metalworking machine tools are capable of machining.
The CARTESIAN 5 systems utilize the companys proprietary SuperControl system and consist of one or more high-speed cutting, drilling or machining heads and related tooling which move around a table under computer control to perform programmed operations. There are two basic types of systems, one where the table is fixed and the cutting heads move both left and right and back and forth, and the other where the table moves back and forth and the cutting heads move only left and right. Both systems permit the heads to reach all points on the table. Cutting is accomplished by metal bits, drills, and blades and water jets. Additional motions or axes, which permit the head to both pivot and rotate can be installed, thereby making three-dimensional cuts possible. Multiple and varying cutting and drilling heads can be added allowing a number of different machining operations to be accomplished in a single cycle or multiple parts to be machined simultaneously.
The CARTESIAN 5 Thermwood CNC router packages and systems are utilized principally in the woodworking, plastics, and to a lesser extent the aerospace industries.
The company offers one model of its CNC router line specifically intended for intricate carving of three-dimensional wood parts such as chair legs. This machine is capable of carving eight parts simultaneously. It is programmed using the electronic programming probe which traces a sample carved part. The CNC control automatically creates the program necessary to reproduce the sample carving.
The companys Machining Products Division offers a variety of hardware options for use with its CNC router line. Some of these options are included as a standard part of packages and systems while others can be purchased at the customer's discretion. These options include products designed and manufactured by the company, such as tooling heads, automatic tool changers and hand held programmers. The company also offers a variety of products manufactured by others for use with its equipment. These products are generally obtained through an arrangement with an original equipment manufacturer, or OEM. This type of product includes, among others, the programming probe, vacuum pumps, dust collection systems as well as a variety of electronic hardware devices that work with its control system.
The Software Technology Group, which operates as part of the Machining Products Division, markets software products that work with the companys CNC routers. Although some o
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THERMWOOD CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THERMWOOD CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THERMWOOD CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THERMWOOD CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THERMWOOD CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Thermwood Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Thermwood Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Thermwood Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Thermwood Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Thermwood Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. THERMWOOD CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THERMWOOD CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THERMWOOD CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THERMWOOD CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THERMWOOD CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THERMWOOD CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Thermwood Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Thermwood Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Thermwood Corporation Major Shareholders
Thermwood Corporation History
Thermwood Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Thermwood Corporation Offices and Representations
Thermwood Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Thermwood Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Thermwood Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Thermwood Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Thermwood Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Thermwood Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Thermwood Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Thermwood Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Thermwood Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Thermwood Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Thermwood Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Thermwood Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?