- The report contains detailed information about Tenneco Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tenneco Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tenneco Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tenneco Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tenneco Inc. business.
About Tenneco Inc.
Tenneco Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of automotive emission control and ride control systems and products. The company serves both original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and replacement markets worldwide.
The company, as a parts supplier, produces individual component parts for vehicles, as well as groups of components that are combined as modules or systems within vehicles.
Emission Control Systems
The company designs, manufactures, and distributes various products and systems designed to reduce pollution and optimize engine performance, acoustic tuning and weight, including the following: catalytic converters and diesel oxidation catalysts devices consisting of a substrate coated with precious metals enclosed in a steel casing used to reduce harmful gaseous emissions, such as carbon monoxide; Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs) devices to eliminate particulate matter emitted from diesel engines; burner systems devices which actively combust fuel and air inside the exhaust system to create extra heat for DPF regeneration, or for SCR systems; hydrocarbon vaporizers and injectors devices to add fuel to a diesel exhaust system to regenerate diesel particulate filters or Lean NOx traps; Lean NOx traps devices which reduce Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions from diesel powertrains using capture and store technology; Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems devices which reduce NOx emissions from diesel powertrains using injected reductants, such as AdBLue or Diesel Exhaust Fuel (DEF); mufflers and resonators devices to provide noise elimination and acoustic tuning; exhaust manifolds components that collect gases from individual cylinders of a vehicles engine and direct them into a single exhaust pipe; pipes utilized to connect various parts of both the hot and cold ends of an exhaust system; hydroformed assemblies forms in various geometric shapes, such as Y-pipes or T-pipes, which provide optimization in both design and installation as compared to conventional pipes; and hangers and isolators used for system installation and elimination of noise and vibration.
In the aftermarket, the company manufactures, markets, and distributes replacement mufflers for North American, European, and Asian makes of light vehicles under brand names, including Quiet-Flow, TruFit, and Aluminox Pro, in addition to offering various other related products, such as pipes and catalytic converters (Walker Perfection). The company also serves the specialty exhaust aftermarket with offerings that include Mega-Flow exhaust products for heavy-duty vehicle applications and DynoMax high performance exhaust products. The company emphasizes product-value differentiation with other aftermarket brands, such as Thrush and Fonos.
Ride Control Systems
The company designs, manufactures, and distributes various ride control products and systems. Its ride control offerings include shock absorbers a range of mechanical shock absorbers and related components for light- and heavy-duty vehicles, including twin-tube and monotube shock absorbers; struts a line of struts and strut assemblies for light vehicles; vibration control components (Clevite Elastomers) rubber-to-metal bushings and mountings to reduce vibration between metal parts of a vehicle, including a range of suspension arms, rods and links for light- and heavy-duty vehicles; Kinetic Suspension Technology a suite of roll-control and equal wheel-loading systems ranging from mechanical systems to hydraulic ones featuring proprietary and patented technology; advanced suspension systems shock absorbers and suspension systems that electronically adjust a vehicles performance based on inputs, such as steering and braking; and other the company also offers other ride control products, such as load assist products, springs, steering stabilizers, adjustable suspension systems, suspension kits, and modular assemblies.
In the ride control aftermarket, the company manufactures, markets, and distributes replacement shock absorbers for North American, European, and Asian makes of light vehicles under various brand names, including Gas Ma
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TENNECO INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TENNECO INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TENNECO INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TENNECO INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TENNECO INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tenneco Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tenneco Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tenneco Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tenneco Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tenneco Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TENNECO INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TENNECO INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TENNECO INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TENNECO INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TENNECO INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TENNECO INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tenneco Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tenneco Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tenneco Inc. Major Shareholders
Tenneco Inc. History
Tenneco Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tenneco Inc. Offices and Representations
Tenneco Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tenneco Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tenneco Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tenneco Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Tenneco Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tenneco Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tenneco Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tenneco Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tenneco Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tenneco Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tenneco Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tenneco Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?