- The report contains detailed information about Tecumseh Products Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tecumseh Products Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tecumseh Products Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tecumseh Products Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tecumseh Products Company business.
About Tecumseh Products Company
Tecumseh Products Company manufactures hermetically sealed compressors for residential and specialty air conditioning, household refrigerators and freezers and commercial refrigeration applications.
The company's products include air conditioning and refrigeration compressors, as well as condensing units, heat pumps and refrigeration systems. Products range from fractional horsepower reciprocating compressors used in small refrigerators and dehumidifiers to reciprocating and scroll compressors used in commercial air conditioning and refrigeration systems. The company sells compressors for three primary applications: commercial refrigeration, including walk-in coolers and freezers, ice makers, dehumidifiers, water coolers, food service equipment, and refrigerated display cases and vending machines; household refrigerators and freezers; and residential and specialty air conditioning and heat pumps, including window air conditioners, packaged terminal air conditioners and recreational vehicle, and mobile air conditioners. Tecumsehs products are sold to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and authorized wholesale distributors.
The companys compressor line consists primarily of reciprocating and rotary designs; in 2008, the company introduced a line of commercial refrigeration scroll models for mid-temperature products.
The companys lines of compressors range in size from approximately 5,000 to 60,000 BTU/hour models used in stationary and mobile air conditioning applications to 145 to 1,100 BTU/hour models used in household refrigerators/freezers, along with 365 to 73,000 BTU/hour models for commercial refrigeration applications, such as ice makers, vending machines, food service equipment, display cases, and refrigerated walk-in cold rooms.
The company produces reciprocating compressors in the 365 to 73,000 BTU/hour for air conditioning and commercial refrigeration applications. The company produces rotary compressors ranging from 2,200 to 34,000 BTU/hour for residential and mobile air conditioning applications, as well as certain commercial refrigeration applications. The company produces scroll compressors ranging from 7,500 to 44,000 BTU/hour that are designed specifically for the demanding commercial refrigeration applications. The company also produces variable speed compressors for a range of uses, including military, medical, telecommunications, aircraft, transportation, and automotive applications. These compressors use various refrigerants for different applications, including hydrocarbon refrigerants.
The company also produces sub-assemblies and refrigeration systems that utilize its compressors as components. Such products include indoor and outdoor condensing units, multi-cell units, and refrigeration systems that use both single speed and variable speed AC/DC powered compressors. These products are sold to both OEM and authorized wholesale distributors.
In the United States and Europe specialty air conditioning compressor markets, the company competes primarily with two U.S. manufacturers, Copeland Corporation and Danfoss, Inc. In Brazil, the company competes with Whirlpool, S.A.
Tecumseh Products Company was founded in 1930.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tecumseh Products Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tecumseh Products Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tecumseh Products Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tecumseh Products Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tecumseh Products Company Industry Position Analysis
6. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TECUMSEH PRODUCTS COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tecumseh Products Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tecumseh Products Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tecumseh Products Company Major Shareholders
Tecumseh Products Company History
Tecumseh Products Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tecumseh Products Company Offices and Representations
Tecumseh Products Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tecumseh Products Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tecumseh Products Company Capital Market Snapshot
Tecumseh Products Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Tecumseh Products Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tecumseh Products Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tecumseh Products Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tecumseh Products Company 1-year Stock Charts
Tecumseh Products Company 5-year Stock Charts
Tecumseh Products Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tecumseh Products Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tecumseh Products Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?