- The report contains detailed information about Tata Motors Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tata Motors Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tata Motors Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tata Motors Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tata Motors Ltd. business.
About Tata Motors Ltd.
Tata Motors Limited, an automobile company, engages in the development, design, manufacture, assembly, and sale of vehicles, including financing thereof, as well as sale of related parts and accessories primarily in India.
The company offers automobiles products consisting of various types of commercial and passenger vehicles. It offers a portfolio of automotive products, ranging from sub 1 ton to 49 ton gross vehicle weight (GVW) trucks (including pickup trucks) to small, medium, and large buses and coaches to passenger cars, including the Tata Nano, premium luxury cars and sports utility vehicles. The company provides financing for vehicles sold by dealers in India.
The companys business segments are Automotive Operations and Other Operations.
Passenger Cars: The companys passenger cars include the small car the Tata Nano; the compact cars - Indica and the Indica Vista; the mid-sized cars Indigo; and the newly launched Indigo Manza and the station wagon version of the Indigo, the Indigo Marina. Jaguars principal products are the XK sports car (coupe and convertible), XF saloon, and the XJ saloon.
Utility Vehicles: The company manufactures various utility vehicles (UVs), including the Sumo, and the sports utility vehicle (SUV), Tata Safari and the lifestyle pickup, the Xenon XT. The Sumo, the Safari and the Xenon XT have variants to meet different consumer preferences, such as the Safari DICOR 2.2 VTT range, powered by a new 2.2 L Direct Injection Common Rail (DICOR) engine and the Sumo Grande, an SUV with the comforts of a family car. The company has unveiled its next generation of premium SUV powered by a 2.2 L DICOR engine, Aria, at the Auto Expo 2010. Land Rover produces five car lines under the brands of Range Rover and Land Rover. Range Rover is the premium range consisting of Range Rover and Range Rover Sport, and the Land Rover brand comprises the Defender, Discovery, and Freelander vehicles.
Light Commercial Vehicles: The company manufactures various light commercial vehicles (LCVs), including pickup trucks, trucks, and buses with a GVW of between 0.7 ton and 7.5 tons. This also includes the Ace, a mini-truck with a 0.7 ton payload, the Magic, a passenger variant for commercial transportation developed on the Ace platform, and the Winger.
Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicles: The company manufactures various medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M&HCVs), which include trucks, buses, dumpers, and multi-axled vehicles with GVW of between 9 tons to 49 tons. In addition, through Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company Limited (TDCV), the company manufactures a range of high horsepower trucks ranging from 220 horsepower to 500 horsepower, including dump trucks, tractor-trailers, mixers and cargo vehicles.
Through its other subsidiary and associate companies, the company is engaged in engineering and automotive solutions, construction equipment manufacturing, automotive vehicle components manufacturing and supply chain activities, machine tools and factory automation solutions, high-precision tooling and plastic and electronic components for automotive and computer applications, and automotive retailing and service operations:
The company's 82.47% owned subsidiary, Tata Technologies Limited (TTL), engages in providing specialized engineering & design services, enterprise resource management, product lifecycle management and product-centric IT services to global manufacturers. TTLs customers are automotive, aerospace, and consumer durable manufacturers.
The company holds a 40% equity interest in Telco Construction Equipment Company (Telcon), which is engaged in the business of manufacturing and sale of construction equipment and related supporting services.
The company's wholly-owned subsidiary, TML Distribution Company Limited (TDCL), is engaged in the business of selling and providing logistics support for distribution of its products throughout India.
The companys wholly-owned subsidiary, Tata Motors Finance Limited (TMFL), is a financing provider for its dealers customers by capturing customer spending over the vehicle life-cycle relating to vehicles sold by the company.
The companys wholly-owned subsidiary, Tata Motors Insurance Broking and Advisory Services Limited, undertakes the business of insurance and reinsurance broking.
The company has entered into a joint venture agreement with Thonburi Automotive Assembly Plant Co Ltd., Thailand (Thonburi) to manufacture pickup trucks in Thailand. The company owns 86.78% of the joint venture, while Thonburi owns the remaining 13.22%. The joint venture would enable the company to access the Thailand market, which is a major market for pickup trucks, and other potential markets in that region.
The company's competitors include Audi; BMW; Infiniti; Lexus; Mercedes Benz; Porsche; Volkswagen; Isuzu; Nissan; and Toyota.
The company was founded in 1945. It was formerly known as Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company Limited and changed its name to Tata Motors Limited in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TATA MOTORS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TATA MOTORS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TATA MOTORS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TATA MOTORS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TATA MOTORS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tata Motors Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tata Motors Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tata Motors Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tata Motors Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tata Motors Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. TATA MOTORS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TATA MOTORS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TATA MOTORS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TATA MOTORS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TATA MOTORS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TATA MOTORS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tata Motors Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tata Motors Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tata Motors Ltd. Major Shareholders
Tata Motors Ltd. History
Tata Motors Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tata Motors Ltd. Offices and Representations
Tata Motors Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tata Motors Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tata Motors Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Tata Motors Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Tata Motors Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tata Motors Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tata Motors Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tata Motors Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Tata Motors Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Tata Motors Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tata Motors Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tata Motors Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?