- The report contains detailed information about Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. business.
About Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd.
Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of industrial machinery, precision control equipment and components. The companys products include machinery, ships, bridges & steel structure, equipment for environmental protection, including recycling, power transmission equipment, plastic molding machines, laser processing systems, particle accelerators, and material handling systems.
The company operates its business in five segments: mass-produced machinery; environmental protection facilities, plants & others; ship, steel structure & other specialized equipment; industrial machinery; and construction machinery.
The companys major products offerings in its mass-produced machinery segment include: power transmission equipment, plastic injection molding machines, cyclotrons for medical use, ion accelerators, plasma coating system for FPDS (flat panel displays), transfer molding press machines, laser processing systems, cryogenic equipment, XY stages, forklift trucks, precision forgings & castings, and defense equipment.
The companys major units in its mass-produced machinery segment include: Sumitomo Eaton Nova Corporation; Sumitomo NACCO Material Handling Co., Ltd.; Sumitomo Machinery Corporation of America; Sumitomo (SHI) Cyclo Drive Europe, Ltd.; Sumitomo Plastics Machinery Inc. of America; Synex Corporation; SHI Control Systems, Ltd.; SHI-APD Cryogenics, Inc.; and SHI Manufacturing & Services (Philippines), Inc.
Environmental Protection Facilities, Plants & Others
The companys major products offerings in its environmental protection facilities, plants & others segment include: municipal solid waste incineration plants, power generation systems, water and sewage treatment systems, landfill leachate treatment system, municipal organic waste treatment recycling plant, air pollution control plants, industrial wastewater treatment systems, chemical process equipment & plants, food machinery, and software.
The companys major units in its environmental protection facilities, plants & others segment include: Nihon Spindle Mfg. Co., Ltd.; Izumi Food Machinery Co., Ltd.; Lightwell Co., Ltd.; Sumiju Environmental Engineering, Inc.; and Sumiju Plant Engineering Co., Ltd.
Ship, Steel Structure & Other Specialized Equipment
The companys major products offerings in its ship, steel structure & other specialized equipment segment include: ships, marine structure, marine equipment, bridge & steel structures, water gates, pressure vessels, mixing reactors, and coke oven machines.
The companys major units in its ship, steel structure & other specialized equipment segment include: Sumitomo Heavy Industries Marine & Engineering Co., Ltd.; Sumiju Steel Construction & Engineering Co., Ltd.; SHI Mechanical & Equipment, Inc.; and SHI Examination & Inspection, Ltd.
The companys major products offerings in its industrial machinery segment include: logistics & handling systems, automated parking systems, moving sidewalks, forging machines, material handling systems, turbines, and pumps.
The companys major units in its industrial machinery segment include:
Shin Nippon Machinery Co., Ltd.; Sumitomo Heavy Industries Engineering and Services Co., Ltd.; Sumitomo Heavy Industries Techno-Fort Co., Ltd.; and SHI Machinery Service Hong Kong, Ltd.
The companys major products offerings in its construction machinery segment include: hydraulic excavators, cranes, and road construction machinery.
The companys major units in its construction machinery segment include: Sumitomo (S.H.I.) Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.; Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Crane Co., Ltd.; Link-Belt Construction Equipment Company; and LBX Company, LLC.
Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. was founded in 1888.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Major Shareholders
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. History
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Offices and Representations
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?