- The report contains detailed information about Standard Motor Products Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Standard Motor Products Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Standard Motor Products Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Standard Motor Products Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Standard Motor Products Inc. business.
About Standard Motor Products Inc.
Standard Motor Products, Inc. engages in the manufacture, distribution and marketing of replacement parts for motor vehicles in the automotive aftermarket industry. The company sells its products primarily to warehouse distributors, retail chains, original equipment manufacturers, and original equipment service part operations in the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
The company distributes parts under its own brand names, such as Standard, BWD, Intermotor, Four Seasons, Factory Air, ACi, Imperial, and Hayden and through private labels, such as CARQUEST, NAPA Echlin, NAPA Temp Products, and NAPA Belden.
The companys segments include: Engine Management Segment, Temperature Control Segment, and Europe Segment.
Engine Management Segment
Engine Management Segment manufactures ignition and emission parts, ignition wires, battery cables, and fuel system parts.
Breadth of Products: The company manufactures a line of engine management replacement parts, including distributor caps and rotors, electronic ignition control modules, voltage regulators, coils, switches, emission sensors, EGR valves and other engine management components under its brand names Standard and BWD, and through private labels, such as CARQUEST and NAPA Echlin. It manufactures the engine management parts it markets.
Computer-Controlled Technology: The company divides its electronic operations between product design and automated manufacturing operations in Orlando, Florida and assembly operations, which are performed in assembly plants in Orlando and Hong Kong.
Wire and Cable Products: Wire and cable parts products include ignition (spark plug) wires, battery cables and a range of electrical wire, terminals, connectors, and tools for servicing an automobile's electrical system.
Temperature Control Segment
Temperature Control Segment manufactures and remanufactures a line of replacement parts for automotive temperature control (air conditioning and heating) systems, engine cooling systems, power window accessories and windshield washer systems, primarily under its brand names of Four Seasons, ACi, Hayden, Factory Air, and Imperial and through private labels, such as CARQUEST, NAPA Temp Products, and Murray. The major product groups sold by the company's Temperature Control Segment are new and remanufactured compressors, clutch assemblies, blower and radiator fan motors, filter dryers, evaporators, accumulators, hose assemblies, expansion valves, heater valves, AC service tools and chemicals, fan assemblies, fan clutches, engine oil coolers, transmission coolers, window lift motors, motor/regulator assemblies, and windshield washer pumps.
The European Segment was conducted through the company's wholly owned subsidiary, Standard Motor Products (SMP) Holdings Limited, until it sold the distribution business in November 2009. Prior to the divestiture, the company distributed a line of engine management products primarily to customers in Europe under brand names, such as Intermotor, Kerr Nelson, Lemark, and Blue Streak and through private labels, such as Lucas. The company distributes, to a lesser degree, air conditioner compressors for the European market.
The company's customers consist of warehouse distributors, such as CARQUEST and NAPA Auto Parts, as well as auto parts retail chains, such as Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, OReilly Automotive/CSK Auto, Canadian Tire, and Pep Boys. Its customers also include national program distribution groups and specialty market distributors. During 2009, the company's major customers included NAPA Auto Parts, Advance Auto Parts, and OReilly Automotive/CSK Auto
In the Engine Management business, the companys competitors include AC Delco, Delphi Corporation, Denso Corporation, Robert Bosch Corporation, Visteon Corporation, NGK/NTK, General Cable, Prestolite, and United Components, Inc.
In Temperature Control business, the companys competitors include AC Delco, Delphi Corporation, Denso Corporation, Sanden International, Inc., Continental/VDO Automotive, and Vista-Pro Corporation.
Standard Motor Products, Inc. was founded in 1919.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Standard Motor Products Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Standard Motor Products Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Standard Motor Products Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Standard Motor Products Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Standard Motor Products Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Standard Motor Products Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Standard Motor Products Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Standard Motor Products Inc. Major Shareholders
Standard Motor Products Inc. History
Standard Motor Products Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Standard Motor Products Inc. Offices and Representations
Standard Motor Products Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Standard Motor Products Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Standard Motor Products Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Standard Motor Products Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Standard Motor Products Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Standard Motor Products Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Standard Motor Products Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Standard Motor Products Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Standard Motor Products Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Standard Motor Products Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Standard Motor Products Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Standard Motor Products Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?