- The report contains detailed information about Spartan Motors Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spartan Motors Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spartan Motors Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spartan Motors Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spartan Motors Inc. business.
About Spartan Motors Inc.
Spartan Motors, Inc. engages in engineering and manufacturing heavy-duty custom motor vehicle chassis and bodies. The company's principal chassis markets are fire trucks, motorhomes, and specialty vehicles.
The company has five wholly owned operating subsidiaries: Spartan Motors Chassis, Inc. (Spartan Chassis); Crimson Fire, Inc. (Crimson); Crimson Fire Aerials, Inc. (Crimson Aerials); Road Rescue, Inc. (Road Rescue); and Utilimaster Corporation (Utilimaster).
The company is organized into three segments: Spartan Chassis; the Emergency Vehicle Team (EVTeam); and Utilimaster.
Spartan Chassis, engineers, manufactures, and markets chassis for fire trucks, motorhomes, ambulances, and specialty applications, such as military vehicles, trolleys, utility trucks, drill rigs and crash-rescue vehicles. Spartan Chassis manufactures chassis only upon receipt of confirmed purchase orders. Spartan Chassis markets its products throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Fire Truck Chassis: Spartan Chassis custom manufactures fire truck and ambulance chassis and cabs in response to exact customer specifications. These specifications vary based on such factors as application, terrain, street configuration, and the nature of the community, state or country in which the fire truck would be utilized. Spartan Chassis has three fire truck models within this product line: the Gladiator chassis; the Metro Star chassis; and the Furion chassis. Spartan Chassis has introduced innovations, such as heavy duty air ride independent front suspensions, vehicle data recorder, Furion 4-door ambulance cab/chassis, side rollover air bags, computer navigation systems, electronic stability control, low profile cab designs, and electronic fluid level checks.
Motorhome Chassis: Spartan Chassis custom manufactures chassis to the individual specifications of its motorhome chassis original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers. These specifications vary based on specific interior and exterior design specifications, power requirements, horsepower and electrical needs of the motorhome bodies to be attached to the Spartan chassis. Spartan Chassis motorhome chassis are separated into four models: the NVS series chassis; the Mountain Master series chassis; the K2 series chassis; and the K3 series chassis.
Specialty Vehicle Chassis: Spartan Chassis develops specialized chassis to customer requirements and actively seeks additional applications of its existing products and technology in the specialty vehicle market. Spartan Chassis has produced approximately 6,000 mine resistant wheeled vehicles for the U.S. Department of Defense. Additionally, Spartan Chassis is the assembler of the Iraqi Light Armored Vehicle. Additionally, the company is selling military spare parts directly to the U.S. Government. In 2009, Spartan Chassis also expanded its specialty vehicle business into the off-road market, such as drill rigs.
The companys EVTeam consists of its three wholly owned subsidiaries, Crimson, Crimson Aerials, and Road Rescue. Crimson and Road Rescue engineer and manufacture emergency vehicles built on chassis platforms purchased from either Spartan Chassis or outside sources. Crimson Aerials engineers and manufactures aerial ladder components for fire trucks.
Crimson Fire, Inc.: Crimson engineers, manufactures, and markets its custom and commercial fire apparatus products through a network of dealers throughout North America. Crimsons product lines include pumpers and aerial fire apparatus, heavy- and light-duty rescue units, tankers, and quick attack units. Crimsons signature features, such as Tubular Stainless Steel body structure (known as the Trix-Max body frame), Vibra-Torq mounting system, and Smart Access pump panels - are designed to offer the safety that firefighters need to get the job done.
Crimson Fire Aerials, Inc.: Crimson Aerials engineers, manufactures, and markets aerial ladder components for fire trucks. It has developed a line of aerial products. Crimson Aerials primarily sells its products to Crimson Fire, Inc.
Road Rescue, Inc.: Road Rescue engineers, manufactures, and markets a line of
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spartan Motors Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spartan Motors Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spartan Motors Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spartan Motors Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spartan Motors Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPARTAN MOTORS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Spartan Motors Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spartan Motors Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spartan Motors Inc. Major Shareholders
Spartan Motors Inc. History
Spartan Motors Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spartan Motors Inc. Offices and Representations
Spartan Motors Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spartan Motors Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spartan Motors Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Spartan Motors Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Spartan Motors Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spartan Motors Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Spartan Motors Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spartan Motors Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Spartan Motors Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Spartan Motors Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spartan Motors Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spartan Motors Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?