- The report contains detailed information about Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. business.
About Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc.
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc., an integrated alternative energy company, engages in the development and production of advanced propulsion systems and renewable energy generation systems and services.
The company integrates advanced fuel system, electric drive, software control strategies, and propulsion control system technologies for alternative fuel vehicles, in particular, plug-in hybrid electric, hybrid electric, fuel cell, and other alternative fuel vehicles.
The companys principal business segments include Fuel Systems and Renewable Energy.
The Fuel Systems business segment provides powertrain engineering, system integration, manufacturing and assembly of packaged fuel systems and propulsion control systems for vehicles and other applications, including fuel cells, hybrids, plug-in electric hybrid, alternative fuels, and hydrogen refueling stations and systems. The company also designs, engineers, and manufactures hybrid and fuel cell vehicles.
The companys portfolio of technologies and products include hybrid electric and plug-in hybrid electric powertrain systems, advanced battery control systems, electronic vehicle control systems, and software, fuel storage and fuel delivery products and control systems for use in hybrid, fuel cell, and other alternative fuel vehicles. It also designs and manufactures computerized controls, regulators, and automatic shut-off equipment, high-pressure hydrogen, and natural gas storage tanks using composite technology and hydrogen refueling systems.
The companys hybrid drive system, which the company refers to as Q-Drive comprises a lithium-ion battery pack, an optimized generator, traction motor(s), transmission/transaxle, inverters, DC-DC converter, hybrid controller, controls strategies, and software subsystems. It also has other derivative drive systems with in its family of hybrid drives that have evolved from the Q-Drive hybrid drive system, including an all-wheel-drive diesel hybrid electric powertrain that it refers to as the Q-Force.
The company supplies its hybrid electric drive systems and packaged fuel systems for alternative fuel vehicles to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers for use by consumers and for commercial and government fleets. It also provides its hybrid electric propulsion systems, gaseous hydrogen fuel systems, and refueling products for fuel cell applications, and compressed natural gas fuel systems to major OEMs through funded research and development contracts and on a prototype basis. The company is focusing its enabling technology marketing efforts on North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific.
The Renewable Energy business segment engages in the development, construction, and operation of wind and solar energy farms through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Schneider Power, Inc. (SPI). Through SPI, the company is a licensed electricity generator and wholesaler. The company owns and operates a 1.6 megawatt (MW) wind farm in Ontario, Canada. In addition, it has a portfolio of wind and solar farm projects in North America and the Caribbean with capacity of approximately 1,000 MW that are in various stages of development.
Hybrid Electric Powertrain Systems: The companys hybrid electric powertrain systems primarily comprise an advanced electric propulsion vehicle drive system that incorporates lithium-ion batteries, an optimized generator, traction motors, transmission/transaxle, inverters, DC-DC converter, hybrid controller, battery recharging through on-board optimized generator powered by an internal combustion engine or through home-based plug-in capabilities, and integrated hybrid electric control architecture. Certain subsystems of its Q-Drive have been designed to be integrated into the Fisker Karma production vehicle and can be scaled and adopted to integrate into other OEM hybrid vehicle platforms.
Lithium Ion and Advanced Battery Control Systems: The companys lithium ion and advanced battery control and software products and integrated battery packs are in the developmental stage by its battery partners. It has partnered with
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QUANTUM FUEL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES WORLDWIDE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Major Shareholders
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. History
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Offices and Representations
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?