- The report contains detailed information about Powercold Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Powercold Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Powercold Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Powercold Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Powercold Corp. business.
About Powercold Corp.
PowerCold Corporation engages in the design, development, and marketing of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC) and energy related products for commercial use. The company has also established alliances with various companies in the industry to market and manufacture related HVAC and Energy products.
The companys operations, as of December 31, 2005, included four wholly owned subsidiary companies with respective operating divisions:
PowerCold ComfortAir Solutions, Inc., (PCS) supports sales and marketing offering HVAC solutions for commercial buildings, including major hotel chains, national restaurant and retail store chains, extended care facilities and office buildings. Two operating divisions of PCS include Applied Building Technology (ABT) that supports related engineering and design build HVAC applications, and PowerCold Energy Systems (PES) that supports related energy products including generators and engine driven chillers.
PowerCold Products, Inc., (PCP) supports product development, engineering and manufacturing.
PowerCold International, Ltd., (PCI) markets all company products and system applications worldwide through various alliances and marketing agencies.
PowerCold Technology, LLC, (PCT) is a limited liability company, formed to hold title to all of the companys intellectual property as well as licensing such intellectual property. PowerCold Technology, LLC licenses intellectual property rights to PowerCold Products, Inc. and PowerCold ComfortAir Solutions, Inc.
The company offers two principal product lines: The first is proprietary applications for the HVAC industry which includes a patented four pipe integrated piping system for large commercial buildings and turnkey HVAC systems for light commercial national chain store applications. The second is a line of evaporative condensers, heat exchange systems and fluid coolers for the HVAC and refrigeration industry.
Nauticon Evaporative Condensers
The Nauticon products used for evaporative condensers, fluid coolers, sub-coolers, refrigeration system components and custom refrigeration products for commercial and industrial use. The companys competitors include Evapco, BAC, and Recold.
EV Chiller Systems
PowerCold Products designs and markets custom chiller systems utilizing the Nauticon evaporative condensers (EV Chillers). Four chiller systems are made available that meet a variety of industry requirements for HVAC and refrigeration system installations. EV-Chill: water chilling and refrigeration systems utilizing water evaporative condensers for commercial and industrial use. EV-Cool: air conditioning units utilizing evaporative condensers for commercial and industrial use. EV-Dry: dehumidification system utilizing evaporative fluid coolers to cool warm dry air for commercial and industrial use. EV-Frig: refrigeration condensing units utilizing evaporative condensers for commercial and industrial use. The companys competitors include Carrier, Trans, and York.
The company owns the U.S. technology rights for an integrated piping technology system for heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC). The feature of the patented HVAC system is the use of the existing pipes, as the delivery system, to provide hot and chilled water to individual fan coil units. The proprietary technology is designed to utilize the fire sprinkler piping to circulate the cooling water around the building and the domestic hot water lines to distribute heating energy to individual fan coil. The PowerCold System also avoids the discomfort of poor temperature/humidity control. The companys competitors include Carrier, Trane and York.
As of January 1, 2006, three of PowerCold Corporations wholly owned subsidiaries, PowerCold Products, Inc.; PowerCold International, Ltd.; and PowerCold Energy Systems, Inc., have been terminated and the assets transferred to the company.
The company, as of May 1, 2005, acquired 100% of the assets Of Sterling Mechanical, Inc., an Englewood, Colorado based engineering and design firm that provides engineering and marketing supporting heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and technologies.
PowerCold Corporation was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. POWERCOLD CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. POWERCOLD CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. POWERCOLD CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. POWERCOLD CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. POWERCOLD CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Powercold Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Powercold Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Powercold Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Powercold Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Powercold Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. POWERCOLD CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. POWERCOLD CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. POWERCOLD CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. POWERCOLD CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. POWERCOLD CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. POWERCOLD CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Powercold Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Powercold Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Powercold Corp. Major Shareholders
Powercold Corp. History
Powercold Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Powercold Corp. Offices and Representations
Powercold Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Powercold Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Powercold Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Powercold Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Powercold Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Powercold Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Powercold Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Powercold Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Powercold Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Powercold Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Powercold Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Powercold Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?