- The report contains detailed information about Plastic Omnium SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Plastic Omnium SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Plastic Omnium SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Plastic Omnium SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Plastic Omnium SA business.
About Plastic Omnium SA
Plastic Omnium, through its subsidiaries, operates as a manufacturing and services company worldwide. The company has operations in 25 countries on four continents, comprising 106 production and assembly facilities and 15 R&D and engineering centers. Its main businesses include automotive, environment, and high-tech.
Automotive segment comprises of Plastic Omnium Auto Exterior and Inergy Automotive Systems. Plastic Omnium Auto Exterior serves carmakers by designing and delivering solutions organized into five product lines that include Bumpers, Fenders and body parts, Front-end modules, Rear-end modules and Energy absorption systems. An automotive equipment manufacturer, Inergy Automotive Systems designs and produces fuel systems.
Its major customers include BMW, General Motors and Chrysler vehicles in Mexico, as well as Nissan and Hyundai in the United States, Daewoo in South Korea, and Toyota in Argentina, South Africa and Thailand. Together, Plastic Omnium Auto Exterior and Inergy Automotive Systems operate 91 production and assembly facilities in 19 countries throughout Europe, North and South America, and Asia.
The companys environment segment offers a range of products and services in three areas: waste collection, recycling, and playground installations. Waste collection, through Plastic Omnium Urban Systems, offers contract waste container collection services for local communities by manufacturing wheeled containers, litter bins, and sorted waste collection equipment. Ludoparc SA designs and installs playground equipment. Recycling is done through Plastic Omnium Recycling.
Plastic Omnium offers a variety of local services that help it to design, install and waste handing systems. These services range from needs analysis and equipment supply and deployment to the management of container fleets and data, local communication campaigns and customer service needs. Plastic Omnium Environment offers an industrial-scale plastics recovery solution and recycles end-of-life wheeled containers at the Plastic Recycling plant in Le Creusot. Plastic Omnium offers a portfolio of services, backed by an analysis and engineering process with a long-term focus.
In July 2003, Plastic Omnium acquired Beauvais Diffusion, which markets onsite household waste handling services and equipment, including wheeled bins, container shelters and platforms and backyard composters, as well as plastic and paper bags for waste sorting.
Performance Plastics Products - 3P and Plastic Omnium Medical manufacture plastic products and solutions for a range of industries, as well as an array of parts and systems for the pharmaceutical and medical industries.
Performance Plastics Products - 3P supplies performance plastics for critical industrial applications.
Plastic Omnium Medical designs and cleanroom manufactures parts and systems for the pharmaceutical and medical industries. Plastic Omnium Medical operates in three market segments that include drug and vaccine delivery systems for the pharmaceutical industry; diagnostic disposables; and medical devices.
Varroc Engineering Pvt., Ltd. has formed a joint venture with Plastic Omnium SA. The new venture is for the production and supply of automotive exterior parts for the Indian market. The tie-up would involve design, development and testing of automotive exterior components and systems, their production, sales and after-sales service. The products to be made would include types of exterior parts and modules like bumpers, bumper modules, claddings, rocker panels,finishers, structural parts and wheel arch housings.
Plastic Omnium SA was founded in 1947.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Plastic Omnium SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Plastic Omnium SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Plastic Omnium SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Plastic Omnium SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Plastic Omnium SA Industry Position Analysis
6. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PLASTIC OMNIUM SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Plastic Omnium SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Plastic Omnium SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Plastic Omnium SA Major Shareholders
Plastic Omnium SA History
Plastic Omnium SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Plastic Omnium SA Offices and Representations
Plastic Omnium SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Plastic Omnium SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Plastic Omnium SA Capital Market Snapshot
Plastic Omnium SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Plastic Omnium SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Plastic Omnium SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Plastic Omnium SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Plastic Omnium SA 1-year Stock Charts
Plastic Omnium SA 5-year Stock Charts
Plastic Omnium SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Plastic Omnium SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Plastic Omnium SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?