- The report contains detailed information about Pacer International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pacer International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pacer International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pacer International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pacer International Inc. business.
About Pacer International Inc.
Pacer International, Inc. provides asset-light North American transportation and logistics services. The company offers a range of services to facilitate the movement of freight from origin to destination.
The company provides its transportation services from two operating segments, its intermodal segment, which provides services principally to transportation intermediaries, beneficial cargo owners and international shipping companies who utilize intermodal transportation; and its logistics segment, which provides truck brokerage, truck transport (including specialized haulage), supply chain services, freight forwarding, ocean shipping and warehousing and distribution services to various end-user customers.
The intermodal segment consists of its Stacktrain unit which provides ramp-to-ramp and door-to-door services to third party customers, such as intermodal marketing companies and brokers, primarily in the big box Mexico and small box domestic markets, and to steamship lines, primarily in the international small box market; its Rail Brokerage unit (an intermodal marketing company), which provides integrated door-to-door services to beneficial cargo owners; its Cartage unit, which provides transportation service for its own door-to-door operations, as well as for external customers between the customers door, ports and rail ramps.
Logistics segment consists of various service, including Highway Brokerage; International Shipping; Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) and Freight Forwarding Services; Warehousing and Distribution Services; and Supply Chain Management Services.
The companys intermodal marketing unit, which is a division of its Pacer Transportation Solutions subsidiary, arranges for and optimizes the movement of its end-user customers freight in containers and trailers throughout North America using truck and rail transportation. The company provides box capacity, drayage capacity, door-to-door shipment management and customer service for its intermodal customers. It arranges for a container or trailer shipment to be picked up at origin by truck (using either its cartage services or other truck carriers directly) and transported to a site for loading onto a train. It provides customized electronic tracking and analysis of charges and owns negotiated rail, truck and intermodal rates, and determines the optimal routes. The company also tracks and monitors shipments in transit, consolidate billing, handle claims of freight loss or damage on behalf of its customers and manage the handling, consolidation and storage of freight throughout the process. Its rail brokerage operations are based in Rutherford, NJ, Dublin, OH, and Jacksonville, FL. Through its rail brokerage operations, the company assists the railroads and its intermodal operation in balancing freight resulting in improved asset utilization.
Stacktrain: The companys Stacktrain unit engages in the development and use of double-stack intermodal equipment and methodologies. Double-stack intermodal transportation consists of the movement of cargo containers stacked two high on special railcars. It provides intermodal rail service in North America. It sells intermodal service primarily to intermodal marketing companies, truck brokerage companies, truckload carriers, automotive intermediaries and international shipping companies, as well as to own wholly owned internal intermodal marketing company. The company offers both ramp-to-ramp services (rail only services), as well as a door-to-door service offering called PacerDirect.
Through multi-year contracts and other operating arrangements with North American railroads, including Union Pacific, CSX, KCSM in Mexico, Norfolk Southern and Canadian National Railroad, the company has access to approximately 60,000-mile North American rail network serving commercial centers in the United States, Canada and Mexico. As of December 31, 2009, the companys equipment fleet consisted of 1,843 double-stack railcars, 25,841 containers and 27,617 chassis (steel frames with rubber tires used to transport containers over the highway).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pacer International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pacer International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pacer International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pacer International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pacer International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PACER INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pacer International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pacer International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pacer International Inc. Major Shareholders
Pacer International Inc. History
Pacer International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pacer International Inc. Offices and Representations
Pacer International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pacer International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pacer International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Pacer International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
Pacer International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pacer International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pacer International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pacer International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Pacer International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Pacer International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pacer International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pacer International Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?