- The report contains detailed information about Orbital Corp. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Orbital Corp. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Orbital Corp. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Orbital Corp. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Orbital Corp. Ltd. business.
About Orbital Corp. Ltd.
Orbital Corporation Limited develops engine and related technologies. The company provides research, design, and development services for the producers of powertrains and engine management systems for application in motorcycles, marine and recreational vehicles, automobiles, and trucks. It has principal operations in Perth, Western Australia.
The companys orbital combustion process (FlexDi) involves an air-assisted injection of fuel directly into the combustion chamber and uses electronic control of the fuel delivery, injection timing, ignition, and other variables. Its FlexDi combustion process and control is suitable for both two-stroke and four-stroke engines and has been applied across a range of cylinder displacements from 50cc to greater than 500cc, including high operating engine speeds. It provides engineering and consultancy services. It also licenses and receives royalties on intellectual property rights. The royalty bearing products are in the marine, recreational, and scooter/motorcycle markets.
The company provides engineering consulting services, design, development, and testing in the areas of engine design, engine combustion, fuel systems, engine management systems, alternative fuels, engine, and vehicle testing. It provides fuel economy and emissions solutions to various vehicle applications, from small displacement utility engines to large transportation and power generation applications. In addition to contract engineering services, its provides technical support and R&D for its strategic growth initiatives, ranging from assisting Orbital Autogas Systems (OAGS) with the development of Liquid LPG aftermarket kits, through to advanced technology FlexDI development for petrol and alternative fuels applications.
Continental: The company formed a joint venture company, Synerject, LLC, with Continental Corporation (previously Siemens Automotive Corporation - Continental Corporation acquired Siemens Automotive Corporation in January 2008). Orbital and Continental hold a 42%/58% interest in Synerject LLC. Synerject is a supplier of engine management systems (EMS) to the non-automotive market, with small engine applications for scooters through to high performance motorcycles, outboards, and snowmobiles.
Vialle: The company entered into licencing agreements with Vialle for the distribution of LPG fuel systems in Australia and New Zealand. The licence agreements cover the sale of vapouriser LPG fuel systems and Liquid LPG fuel systems.
Motonic Corporation: In 2009, the company had an agreement with Motonic Corporation of Korea for the access to Motonic products for the Australian LPG autogas market.
The companys major customers include Ford Australia, Changan Automobile, and Sygma Motors.
The company competes against engineering groups, such as Ricardo, AVL, and FEV. Its proprietary air injector for the automotive market competes with Bosch, Delorto, Magneti Marelli, and Delphi. Its competitors in the Australian LPG market include Alternative Fuel Innovations, Apollogas, Boemo Engineering, Impco, and Sprintgas.
Orbital Corporation Limited was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Orbital Corp. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Orbital Corp. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Orbital Corp. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Orbital Corp. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Orbital Corp. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORBITAL CORP. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Orbital Corp. Ltd. History
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Orbital Corp. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Orbital Corp. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Orbital Corp. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Orbital Corp. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Orbital Corp. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Orbital Corp. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?