Northrop Grumman Corporation Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Northrop Grumman Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Northrop Grumman Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Northrop Grumman Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Northrop Grumman Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Northrop Grumman Corporation business.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Corporation provides products, services, and solutions in information and services, aerospace, electronics, and shipbuilding.
The company operates in seven segments categorized into four primary businesses. The Mission Systems, Information Technology, and Technical Services segments are presented as Information and Services. The Integrated Systems and Space Technology segments are presented as Aerospace. The Electronics and Shipbuilding segments are each presented as separate businesses.
Information and Services
Mission Systems segment
The Mission Systems segment is a systems integrator of mission-enabling systems for government, military, and commercial customers. Products and services are focused on the fields of command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I), missile and air defense, airborne reconnaissance, intelligence management and processing, and decision support systems. The segment consists of two areas of business: Command, Control, and Communications (C3); and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR).
Command, Control and Communications: C3 supports the Department of Defense (DoD), aerospace prime contractors, and other customers. C3 offers operational and tactical command and control systems; communications solutions and network management; tactical data link communications products and integration; network services; software defined radios; decision support and management information systems; system engineering and integration; land forces and global combat support; intelligence support to operations, mission planning and management applications; critical infrastructure security and force protection; logistics automation; robotic systems; homeland security solutions; naval systems engineering support and integration; command centers integration; and missile defense battle management and fire control systems.
Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance: ISR supports the intelligence community, the DoD, and other federal agencies. It offers systems integration; net-centric signals intelligence; airborne reconnaissance; payload control; sensor tasking and data collection; satellite ground stations; data collection and storage; information analysis and knowledge integration; computer network operations; information operations and information assurance; analysis and visualization tools; environmental and weather systems; special intelligence; and sustainment services.
Information Technology segment
The Information Technology segment provides information technology (IT) systems engineering and systems integration for the DoD, national intelligence, federal, civilian, state and local agencies, and commercial customers. The segment consists of four areas of business: intelligence; civilian agencies; commercial, state and local; and defense.
Intelligence: Intelligence provides IT systems, services, and solutions primarily to the U.S. Intelligence Community, which includes customers in national agencies, DoD, homeland security, and other agencies at the federal, state and local level. This business area also collaborates with other information technology business areas by providing specialized technology solutions in areas such as information security, wireless communications, cross agency information-sharing, and geospatial information systems.
Civilian Agencies: Civilian Agencies provides IT systems, services and solutions primarily for federal civilian agencies, as well as government and commercial healthcare customers. Civilian agencies customers include the departments of Homeland Security, Treasury, Justice, Transportation, State, Interior, and the U.S. Postal Service. Homeland security offerings include networking, criminal justice systems, and identity management. Healthcare customers include the Department Of Health And Human Services, DoD Health Affairs, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and various pharmaceutical manufacturers. Healthcare offerings include enterprise architecture, systems integration, infrastructure management, docum
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Northrop Grumman Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Northrop Grumman Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Northrop Grumman Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Northrop Grumman Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Northrop Grumman Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Northrop Grumman Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Northrop Grumman Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Northrop Grumman Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Northrop Grumman Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Northrop Grumman Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Northrop Grumman Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Northrop Grumman Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Northrop Grumman Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Northrop Grumman Corporation Major Shareholders
Northrop Grumman Corporation History
Northrop Grumman Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Northrop Grumman Corporation Offices and Representations
Northrop Grumman Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Northrop Grumman Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Northrop Grumman Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Northrop Grumman Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Northrop Grumman Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Northrop Grumman Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?