- The report contains detailed information about Nordson Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nordson Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nordson Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nordson Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nordson Corporation business.
About Nordson Corporation
Nordson Corporation manufactures equipment used for precision material dispensing, testing and inspection, surface preparation, and curing. The companys technology-based systems can be found in production facilities worldwide.
The company serves various markets, including the appliance, automotive, bookbinding, container, converting, electronics, food and beverage, furniture, life sciences and medical, light emitting diodes (LED), metal finishing, nonwoven, packaging, semiconductor, and solar energy industries.
Principal Products and Uses
The company manufactures equipment used for precision dispensing, testing and inspection, surface preparation, and curing. Equipment ranges from manual, stand-alone units for low-volume operations to microprocessor-based automated systems for high-speed, and high-volume production lines. It markets its products in the United States and in approximately 50 other countries.
The following is a summary of the products and markets served by its operating segments:
Adhesive Dispensing Systems Segment
This segment delivers the companys proprietary precision dispensing technology to diverse markets for applications that commonly reduce material consumption.
Nonwovens Equipment for applying adhesives, lotions, liquids, and fibers to disposable products. Key strategic markets include adult incontinence products, baby diapers and child-training pants, feminine hygiene products and surgical drapes, gowns, shoe covers, and face masks.
Packaging Automated adhesive dispensing systems used in the food and beverage and packaged goods industries. Key strategic markets include food packages and wrappers, and drink containers.
Paper and Paperboard Converting Hot melt and cold glue adhesive dispensing systems for the paper and paperboard converting industries. Key strategic markets include bag and sack manufacturing, bookbinding, envelope manufacturing, and folding carton manufacturing.
Product Assembly Adhesive and sealant dispensing systems for bonding or sealing plastic, metal, and wood products. Key strategic markets include appliances, automotive components, building and construction materials, electronics, furniture, and solar energy.
Web Coating Laminating and coating systems used to manufacture continuous-roll goods in the nonwovens, textile, paper, and flexible-packaging industries. Key strategic markets include carpet, labels, tapes, and textiles.
Advanced Technology Systems
This segment integrates its proprietary product technologies found in progressive stages of a customers production process, such as surface preparation, precisely controlled dispensing of material onto the surface, curing and drying of dispensed material, bond testing, and X-ray inspection to ensure quality. This segment primarily serves the specific needs of electronic and related high-tech industries.
Surface Preparation Automated gas plasma treatment systems used to clean and condition surfaces for the semiconductor, medical, and printed circuit board industries. Key strategic markets include contact lenses, electronics, medical instruments and devices, printed circuit boards, and semiconductors.
Dispensing Systems Controlled manual and automated systems for applying materials in customer processes requiring precision and material conservation. These systems include piezoelectric and motionless two-component mixing dispensing systems. Key strategic markets include aerospace, electronics (cell phones, liquid crystal displays, micro hard drives, microprocessors, and printed circuit boards), general industrial, life sciences (dental and medical devices, including pacemakers and stents), light emitting diodes (LED), and solar energy.
Curing and Drying Systems Ultraviolet equipment used primarily in curing and drying operations for specialty coatings, semiconductor materials, and paints. Key strategic markets include electronics, containers, and durable goods products.
Bond Testing and Inspection Systems Bond testing and automated optical and x-ray inspection systems used in the semiconductor and printed circuit board industries. Key strategic markets include electronics (digital music players and cell phones), printed circuit board assemblies, and semiconductor packages.
Industrial Coating Systems
This segment provides both standard and customized equipment used primarily for applying coatings, paint, finishes, sealants, and other materials. This segment primarily serves the consumer durables market.
Automotive Automated and manual dispensing systems used to apply materials in the automotive, heavy truck and recreational vehicle manufacturing industries. Key strategic markets include powertrain components, body assembly and final trim applications.
Container Coating Automated and manual dispensing and curing systems used to coat and cure containers. Key strategic markets include beverage containers and food cans.
Liquid Finishing Automated and manual dispensing systems used to apply liquid paints and coatings to consumer and industrial products. Key strategic markets include automotive components, construction, metal shelving, and drums.
Powder Coating Automated and manual dispensing systems used to apply powder paints and coatings to various metal, plastic, and wood products. Key strategic markets include agriculture and construction equipment, appliances, automotive components, home and office furniture, lawn and garden equipment, and wood and metal shelving.
Nordson Corporation was founded in 1935.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NORDSON CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NORDSON CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NORDSON CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NORDSON CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NORDSON CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nordson Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nordson Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nordson Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nordson Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nordson Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. NORDSON CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NORDSON CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NORDSON CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NORDSON CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NORDSON CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NORDSON CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nordson Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nordson Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nordson Corporation Major Shareholders
Nordson Corporation History
Nordson Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nordson Corporation Offices and Representations
Nordson Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nordson Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nordson Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Nordson Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Nordson Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nordson Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nordson Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nordson Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Nordson Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Nordson Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nordson Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nordson Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?