- The report contains detailed information about NN Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NN Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NN Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NN Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NN Inc. business.
About NN Inc.
NN, Inc. is a manufacturer of precision balls, cylindrical and tapered rollers, bearing retainers, plastic injection molded products, precision bearing seals and precision metal components. The companys balls, rollers, retainers, and bearing seals are used primarily in the domestic and international anti-friction bearing industry.
The companys plastic injection molded products are used in the bearing components, automotive components, electronic instrument cases and other molded components used in a variety of applications. The precision metal components products are used in the HVAC, automotive, and appliance industries.
The Metal Bearing Components segment engages in the production of precision balls, rollers, and metal retainers and automotive specialty products used primarily in the bearing industry.
The Plastic and Rubber Components segment engages in the production of plastic injection molded products for the bearing components, automotive components, electronic instrument cases and other molded components used in a variety of applications and precision rubber bearing seals for the bearing, automotive, industrial, agricultural, and aerospace markets.
The Precision Metal Components segment is engaged in the production of highly engineered fluid control components and assemblies, shafts, and prismatic machined parts for the HVAC, appliance, and automotive industries.
Metal Bearing Components segment
Precision Steel Balls: At its Metal Bearing Components segment facilities, the company manufactures and sells precision steel balls in sizes ranging in diameter from 5/32 of an inch (3.969 mm) to 2 ½ inches (63.5 mm). The company produces and sells balls in grades ranging from grade 3 to grade 1000.
The companys steel balls are used primarily by manufacturers of anti-friction bearings where precise spherical, tolerance and surface finish accuracies are required.
Steel Rollers: The company manufactures tapered rollers at its Veenendaal Plant and cylindrical rollers at its Erwin Plant. The companys roller products are used primarily for applications similar to those of its precision steel ball product line, plus certain non-bearing applications such as hydraulic pumps and motors. Tapered rollers are a component in tapered roller bearings that are used in various applications including automotive gearbox applications, automotive wheel bearings and a variety of industrial applications.
Metal Retainers: The company manufactures and sells precision metal retainers for roller bearings used in a variety of industrial applications. Retainers are used to separate and space the rolling elements (rollers) with in a fully assembled bearing. The company manufactures metal retainers at its Veenendaal Plant.
Plastic and Rubber Components segment
Bearing Seals: At its Danielson Plant, the company manufactures and sells a range of precision bearing seals produced through various compression and injection molding processes and adhesion technologies to create rubber-to-metal bonded bearing seals. The seals are used in applications for automotive, industrial, agricultural and mining markets.
Plastic Retainers: At its Lubbock Plant, the company manufactures and sells precision plastic retainers for ball and roller bearings used in a variety of industrial applications. Retainers are used to separate and space the rolling elements (balls or rollers) with in a fully assembled bearing.
Precision Plastic Components: At its Lubbock Plant, the company also manufactures and sells a range of specialized plastic products, including automotive under-the-hood components, electronic instrument cases and precision electronic connectors and lenses, as well as various other specialized parts.
Precision Metal Components segment
Precision Metal Components: The company sells a range of precision metal components. These components are manufactured at the two Wellington, Ohio plants and the Tempe Plant. The precision metal components offered include mechanical components and assemblies, fluid control components, fluid control assemblies, shafts, and other precision metal parts. The components are used in the following end markets: automotive brake/chassis, thermal air conditioning systems, automotive engine, other automotive, and other industrial applications.
The companys products are supplied primarily to bearing manufacturers and automotive and industrial parts manufacturers for use in a range of industrial applications, including transportation, electrical, agricultural, construction, machinery, mining and aerospace. Additionally, the company supplies precision metal, rubber, and plastic components to automotive and industrial companies that are not used in bearing assemblies. The company supplies approximately 400 customers. Its major customer was AB SKF (SKF).
During 2009, the Metal Bearing Components segment sold products to approximately 300 customers located in 30 different countries. The Plastic and Rubber Components segment sold its products to approximately 80 customers located principally in North America. During 2009, the Precision Metal Components segment sold its products to 24 customers located in 5 countries.
Metal Bearing Components segment: The companys primary domestic competitor is Hoover Precision Products, Inc., a wholly owned the U.S. subsidiary of Tsubakimoto Precision Products Co. Ltd. The companys primary foreign competitors are Amatsuji Steel Ball Manufacturing Company, Ltd. (Japan), a wholly owed division of NSK LTD., Tsubakimoto Precision Products Co. Ltd (Japan) and Jingsu General Ball and Roller (China).
The companys primary competitor in the plastic bearing retainer market is Nakanishi Manufacturing Corporation. Domestically, Nypro, Inc. and UFE are among the main competitors in the automotive market.
The companys primary outside competitors in the U.S. bearing seal market are Freudenburg-NOK, Chicago Rawhide Industries (an SKF subsidiary), Trostel, and Uchiyama. In the Precision Metal Components segment market, the companys primary competitors are Linamar, Stanadyne, A. Berger, C&A Tool, American Turned Products and Autocam.
NN, Inc. was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NN INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NN INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NN INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NN INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NN INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NN Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NN Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NN Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NN Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NN Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NN INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NN INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NN INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NN INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NN INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NN INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NN Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NN Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NN Inc. Major Shareholders
NN Inc. History
NN Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NN Inc. Offices and Representations
NN Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NN Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NN Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NN Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
NN Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NN Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NN Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NN Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NN Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NN Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NN Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NN Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?