- The report contains detailed information about Moog Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Moog Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Moog Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Moog Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Moog Inc. business.
About Moog Inc.
Moog Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and integration of precision motion and fluid controls and systems for a range of applications in aerospace and defense, industrial, and medical markets.
The company operate through five segments: Aircraft Controls, Space and Defense Controls, Industrial Systems, Components, and Medical Devices.
The Aircraft Controls segments designs, manufactures, and integrates primary and secondary flight controls for military and commercial aircraft and provides aftermarket support. Its systems are used in commercial transports, supersonic fighters, multi-role military aircraft, business jets, and rotorcraft. It also supplies ground-based navigational aids. The company is working on various development programs, including the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeings extended range 747-8, Airbus A350XWB, and various business jet programs. The companys military production programs include the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, the V-22 Osprey tiltrotor, the Black Hawk/Seahawk helicopter, and the F-15 Eagle. Its commercial production programs include a line of Boeing 7-series aircraft, Airbus A330/340, and various business jets. Aftermarket sales services include maintenance, repair, overhaul, and parts supply for both military and commercial aircraft.
Customers: The companys customers include Parker Hannifin, Nabtesco, GE, Goodrich, Liebherr, Curtiss-Wright, and Hamilton Sundstrand.
Competition: The companys competitors include Parker Hannifin, Nabtesco, GE, Goodrich, Liebherr, Curtiss-Wright, and Hamilton Sundstrand.
Space and Defense Controls
The Space and Defense Controls segment provides controls for satellites and space vehicles, armored combat vehicles, launch vehicles, tactical and strategic missiles, homeland security, and other defense applications. For commercial and military satellites, the company designs, manufactures, and integrates steering and propulsion controls and controls for positioning antennae and deploying solar panels. The Atlas, Delta, and Ariane launch vehicle programs and the Space Shuttle use its steering and propulsion controls. The company is also developing products for the Ares I launch vehicle and Orion crew vehicle on the Constellation Program, NASAs replacement for the Space Shuttle. It supplies couplings, valves, and actuators for the International Space Station. It designs and builds steering and propulsion controls for tactical and strategic missile programs, including VT-1, Hellfire, TOW, Trident, and Minuteman. The company supplies valves and steering controls on the U.S. National Missile Defense development initiative. It designs and manufactures systems for gun aiming, stabilization, automatic ammunition loading, and driver vision enhancement on armored combat vehicles for various international and U.S. customers. It also provides sensor and surveillance systems for the homeland security market.
Customers: The companys customers include Alliant Techsystems, Lockheed Martin, Astrium, Raytheon, General Dynamics, United Technologies-Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne, Aerojet, and Boeing.
Competition: The companys competitors include Honeywell, Parker Hannifin, Vacco, Valvetech, Marotta, Sabca, Curtiss-Wright, ESW, Aerojet, Valcor, Aeroflex, Hamilton Sundstrand, Limitorque, Sargeant Industries, RVision, Directed Perception, ATA Engineering, Barry Controls, RUAG, Woodward, Sierra-Nevada, Videotec, Pelco, and Lord Corp.
The Industrial Systems segment serves customers base across various markets. For the plastics making machinery market, the company designs, manufactures, and integrates systems for all axes of injection and blow molding machines using leading edge technology, both hydraulic and electric. It supplies electromechanical motion simulation bases for the flight simulation and training markets. In the power generation market, the company designs, manufactures, and integrates complete control assemblies for fuel, steam, and variable geometry control applications that include wind turbines. For the test markets, it supplies controls for automotive, structural, a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MOOG INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MOOG INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MOOG INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MOOG INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MOOG INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Moog Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Moog Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Moog Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Moog Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Moog Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MOOG INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MOOG INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MOOG INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MOOG INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MOOG INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MOOG INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Moog Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Moog Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Moog Inc. Major Shareholders
Moog Inc. History
Moog Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Moog Inc. Offices and Representations
Moog Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Moog Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Moog Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Moog Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Moog Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Moog Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Moog Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Moog Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Moog Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Moog Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Moog Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Moog Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?