- The report contains detailed information about Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. business.
About Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of heavy machineries in Japan, North America, Asia, Western Europe, and Others.
The company's business segments include Shipbuilding & Ocean Development; Power Systems; Machinery & Steel Structures; Aerospace; and Mass and Medium-Lot Manufactured Machinery.
Shipbuilding & Ocean Development
The company, through its Shipbuilding & Ocean Development segment, engages in the development and construction of a range of vessels and ocean structures that satisfy various customer needs. It involves in the manufacturing, installation, sale, and repair of crude oil carriers, container ships, cruise ships, car ferries, LPG carriers, LNG carriers, and various other ships, defense vessels, and offshore structures.
The Power Systems Segment develops energy conservation measures, petroleum substitutes, and new forms of energy to help solve the common problems faced by human beings. It involves in the manufacturing, installation, sale, and repair of boilers, steam turbines, gas turbines, diesel engines, water turbines, wind turbines, SCR (DeNOx) systems, marine machinery, and desalination plants. In the nuclear energy field, it involves in the manufacturing, installation, sale, and repair of nuclear power plants and equipment, advanced reactor plants, and nuclear fuel cycle plants.
Machinery & Steel Structures
The Machinery & Steel Structures Segment offers a range of environmental and chemical plants, transportation systems, bridges, cranes and material handling systems, iron and steel manufacturing machinery, compressors, and other products that help to create foundations for industry or are related to the infrastructure vital to society. It engages in the manufacture, installation, sale, and repair of transportation systems, toll and fare collection machinery and other ITS equipment, petrochemical plants, flue gas desulfurization systems, flue gas CO2 recovery plants and various other chemical plants, oil and gas production plants, compressors and turbines, iron and steel manufacturing machinery, automotive products, medical systems, semiconductor production equipment and other advanced equipment, transportation equipment, cranes and materialhandling systems, rubber and tire machinery, waste treatment equipment, electrostatic precipitator and various other environmental control systems, bridges, hydraulic gates, stacks, parking systems, tanks, and various other steel products.
The Aerospace Segment conducts research and development programs underpinned by technologies to prepare for the advent of the next space age. It engages in the manufacture, installation, sale, and repair of fighters, helicopters and other aircraft; structural parts and components of commercial transport aircraft; aero engines, missiles, torpedoes, and space systems; launch services via launch vehicles; and Mitsubishi Regional Jet.
Mass and Medium-Lot Manufactured Machinery
In the General Machinery & Special Vehicles business, the company develops and manufactures products, such as forklift trucks, construction machinery, earthmoving and grading machinery, medium and small-sized engines, turbochargers, agricultural machinery, tractors, and special vehicles. The Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Systems business offers a lineup of air-conditioning products, such as air-conditioners (commercial use and residential); automotive thermal systems; and chilling systems.
This segment also includes the Paper & Printing Machinery business, which meets a range of customer needs in Japan and overseas as a specialist player in printing and paper converting machinery. It offers sheet-fed offset presses, commercial Web offset presses, newspaper offset presses, corrugating machinery, and box making machines. Through its Machine Tool business, this division also supplies the mother machines of industry. It supplies precision cutting tools, engine valves, and power transmissions. The Industrial Machinery business manufactures injection molding machines used in the production of plastic products; beverage filling and packaging machines; and other industrial machinery.
On October 13, 2009, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. has concluded an agreement with the EGAT Public Company Limited to establish a joint venture company (JV) to provide repair services for gas turbine components that are exposed to very high temperatures.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. was founded in 1950.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Major Shareholders
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. History
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Offices and Representations
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?