- The report contains detailed information about MFRI Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MFRI Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MFRI Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MFRI Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MFRI Inc. business.
About MFRI Inc.
MFRI, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of piping systems, filtration products, and industrial process cooling equipment in the United States and internationally.
The company operates in three business segments: Piping systems, Filtration products, and Industrial process cooling equipment. Other activities include the installation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
Piping Systems Business
Products and Services: The company engineers, designs, manufactures, and sells specialty piping systems and leak detection and location systems. Piping systems include industrial and secondary containment piping systems for transporting chemicals, hazardous fluids and petroleum products; insulated and jacketed district heating and cooling (DHC) piping systems for efficient energy distribution to multiple locations from central energy plants; and oil and gas gathering flow and long lines for oil and mineral transportation. The company's leak detection and location systems are sold with its piping systems, and on a stand-alone basis to monitor areas where fluid intrusion may contaminate the environment, endanger personal safety, cause a fire hazard, impair essential services, or damage equipment or property.
The company's piping systems are custom fabricated to job site dimensions and/or incorporate provisions for thermal expansion due to varying temperatures. Majority of the company's piping systems are produced for underground installations and, therefore, require trenching, which is done by unaffiliated installation contractors.
In October 2009, the piping systems business, in joint venture with The Bayou Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Insituform Technologies, Inc., completed the acquisition of Garneau, Incs pipe coating and insulation facility and associated assets located in Camrose, Alberta, Canada, which provides the company the opportunity to sell product to the growing oil sands market.
Filtration Products Business
Products and Services: The company manufactures and sells various filter elements for cartridge collectors and baghouse air filtration and particulate collection systems. The principal types of industrial air filtration and particulate collection systems in use are baghouses, cartridge collectors, electrostatic precipitators, scrubbers, and mechanical collectors. This equipment is used to eliminate particulate from the air by passing particulate laden gases through fabric filters (filter bags) or pleated media filter elements, in the case of baghouses or cartridge collectors, between electrically charged collector plates, in the case of electrostatic precipitators and contact with liquid reagents (scrubbers). The company manufactures filter elements in standard industry sizes, shapes and filtration media and to custom specifications, maintaining manufacturing standards for approximately 10,000 styles of filter elements to suit various industrial applications.
The company markets various filter-related products and accessories used during the installation, operation, and maintenance of cartridge collectors and baghouses, including wire cages used to support filter bags, spring assemblies for proper tensioning of filter bags and clamps and hanger assemblies for attaching filter elements. In addition, the company markets other hardware items used in the operation and maintenance of cartridge collectors and baghouses. It also provides maintenance services, consisting primarily of air filtration system inspection and filter element replacement, using a network of independent contractors.
Marketing: The company's products and services are used primarily by operators of utility and industrial coal-fired boilers, incinerators and cogeneration plants and by producers of metals, cement, chemicals and other industrial products. Its filtration products are marketed domestically under the names, Midwesco Filter and TDC Filter Manufacturing. The company markets its U.S. manufactured filtration products internationally using domestically based sales resources to target major users in foreign countries. The Denmark filtration facility markets pleated filter elements throughout Europe and Asia, primarily to original equipment manufacturers.
Industrial Process Cooling Equipment Business
Products and Services: The company engineers, designs, manufactures, and sells cooling and temperature control equipment for industrial applications. Products include chillers (portable and central); cooling towers; plant circulating assemblies; hot water, hot oil, and negative pressure temperature controllers; water treatment equipment; specialty cooling devices for printing presses and ink management; and replacement parts and various accessories relating to the foregoing products. It combines chillers and/or cooling towers with plant circulating systems to create plant-wide systems. It specializes in customizing cooling systems and computerized controls according to customer specifications.
The principal markets for the companys cooling and temperature control products are thermoplastics processing and the printing industries. The company also sells its products to original equipment manufacturers, to other cooling manufacturers on a private branded basis and to manufacturers in the laser, metallizing, machine tool industries, and various other industries.
Marketing: The company sells its products in the global thermoplastics and printing markets, as well as to other industrial applications that require specialized heat transfer equipment. Its cooling products are sold through independent manufacturers' representatives on a territory basis. Temperature control products are sold through a network of independent dealers/distributors in major industrial markets.
MFRI, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MFRI INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MFRI INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MFRI INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MFRI INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MFRI INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MFRI Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MFRI Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MFRI Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MFRI Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MFRI Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MFRI INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MFRI INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MFRI INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MFRI INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MFRI INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MFRI INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MFRI Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MFRI Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MFRI Inc. Major Shareholders
MFRI Inc. History
MFRI Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MFRI Inc. Offices and Representations
MFRI Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MFRI Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MFRI Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MFRI Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
MFRI Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MFRI Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MFRI Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MFRI Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MFRI Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MFRI Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MFRI Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MFRI Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?