- The report contains detailed information about Metso Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Metso Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Metso Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Metso Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Metso Corp. business.
About Metso Corp.
Metso Corporation supplies technology and services for mining, construction, energy, metal recycling, and the pulp and paper industries.
The companys technology and services design, develop and produce systems, automation solutions, machinery and equipment for process industries. The main customer industries are mining and construction, energy, metal recycling as well as pulp and paper industries.
The companys businesses have operations in approximately 50 countries. The main market areas are Europe and North America. Its principal production plants are located in Finland, Sweden, France, Germany, Canada, the United States, China, India, South Africa and Brazil.
Metso Group comprises three segments: Mining and Construction Technology, Energy and Environmental Technology, and Paper and Fiber Technology.
Mining and Construction Technology
The company supplies process solutions, equipment and services for the mining and construction industries. Its product portfolio covers processing systems for aggregates, ores, industrial minerals and construction materials. The companys customers work in quarrying, aggregates production, construction, civil engineering, mining and minerals processing. The operations are organized in two business lines: Mining and Construction.
Energy and Environmental Technology
Energy and Environmental Technology supplies power generation, automation as well as metals recycling solutions and lifecycle services. The companys customers work in the power generation, oil and gas, metals recycling as well as pulp and paper industries. Energy and Environmental Technology comprises three business lines: Power, Automation and Recycling.
Paper and Fiber Technology
Paper and Fiber Technology is a supplier of processes, machinery, equipment and services for the pulp and paper industry. The offering extends over the entire process lifecycle, covering new lines, rebuilds and the services business. The segment is organized in three business lines: Paper, Fiber and Tissue.
On May 12, 2009, Fortum Oyj and Metso Corp. have partnered to explore oxyfuel combustion technology.
On February 18, 2010, Metso Corp., Stora Enso Corp. and Domtar Corporation have established a project to develop a pulp mill biorefinery based on new pulping technology.
Metso Corp. announced inauguration of Metso Park on March 10, in the city of Alwar in Rajasthan. The investment comprises multifunctional premises, including workshops, offices, engineering, logistics, and training centers. The products manufactured at Metso Park would be primarily delivered to the mining and construction industry customers in India and neighboring areas. Some of the products would also be transported to the other manufacturing units for adaptation for global markets. Metso Park would manufacture components for mobile crushing and screening plants, vibrating screens and vibrators, slurry pumps and rubber products.
The company, in October 2008, acquired G & F Beltline Services Pty Ltd, a provider of conveyer belt line installations and maintenance services based in Australia.
The company, in September 2008, acquired PSP Slévárna a.s. in Czech Republic. The company is a producer of finished manganese wear parts.
The company, in September 2008, also acquired from Finnish Fastpap Oy Ab its paper quality control business comprising the manufacturing and final assembly of measuring scanners used in Metsos Quality Control Systems as well as after sales services.
The company, in June 2008, acquired Mapag Valves GmbH, a German manufacturer of butterfly valves which was combined into the Energy and Environmental Technology segment.
The company, in May 2008, acquired Kemotron A/S, a Danish manufacturer of advanced measurement systems mainly to the pulp, paper and chemical industry.
Disposals of businesses
The company, in September 2008, divested the shares in Sweden-based Metso Foundries Karlstad AB to a group of financial investors represented by Primaca Group Oy. Metso will continue as a minority owner with a 16.7 percent holding in Heavycast Oy, a new company to which the Primaca Group transferred the acquired shares. The divested business was part of Paper and Fiber Technology segment.
The company, in May 2008, sold its spreader roll manufacturing business and related assets located in Nokia, Finland to a group of Finnish investors. They continued the business under the name of Finbow Oy. The divested business was part of Paper and Fiber Technology.
The company, in January 2008, concluded the divestment of its Panelboard business. The panelboard operations in Nastola, Finland and Sundsvall, Sweden were divested to the German company Dieffenbacher GmbH + Co. KG.
Metso Corporation was founded in 1942.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. METSO CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. METSO CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. METSO CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. METSO CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. METSO CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Metso Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Metso Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Metso Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Metso Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Metso Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. METSO CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. METSO CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. METSO CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FINLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. METSO CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. METSO CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. METSO CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Metso Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Metso Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Metso Corp. Major Shareholders
Metso Corp. History
Metso Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Metso Corp. Offices and Representations
Metso Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Metso Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Metso Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Metso Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Metso Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Metso Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Metso Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Metso Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Metso Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Metso Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Metso Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Metso Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?