- The report contains detailed information about Metal Storm Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Metal Storm Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Metal Storm Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Metal Storm Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Metal Storm Limited business.
About Metal Storm Limited
Metal Storm Limited, a defense technology company, engages in the research, design, development, and integration of projectile launching systems using its electronically initiated, stacked projectile technology for use in the defense, homeland security, law enforcement, and industrial markets in Australia and the United States.
Internal Product Development
The company is developing and/or in the process of certifying the following products: 3GL semi-automatic three shot 40mm modular underbarrel grenade launcher; FireStorm 4 barrel 16 shot 40mm remotely operated weapon system; MAUL semi automatic 18mm (12 gauge) multi-shot accessory under-barrel launcher; and a range of 40mm and 18mm lethal and less-lethal ammunition.
In conjunction with Electro Optic Systems Limited (EOS), the company also has developed Redback, a 4 barrel 16-shot 40mm remotely operated weapons system. The Redback system is particularly suited to convoy protection and is designed to be capable of defending against rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) attacks. The technology developed for Redback also has been incorporated into FireStorm.
3GL: The 3GL is a semi-automatic three shot underslung grenade launcher that would be fitted to a soldiers assault weapon. It carries approximately one pound additional weight penalty over a single shot M203 grenade launcher, while providing more firepower before reloading.
Redback: The Redback weapons system is a multi-barrelled pod that is designed to detect a target, slew into position, and be fired at high speeds. The system includes detection, acquisition, and tracking electronics that are ultimately targeted at protecting vehicles from incoming rocket-propelled grenade attacks. Redback could be used as a conventional weapon for engaging conventional targets. Redback is being developed in a consortium with EOS, which would supply the gimbal, mount, and acquisition and tracking electronics, and ST Kinetics, which would provide the ammunition.
FireStorm: FireStorm is a multi-barrel 40mm remotely operated weapons system, which it is developing to fulfil multiple roles in urban conflict, peacekeeping, convoy and asset protection and civil crowd control environments. FireStorm can be deployed on ground robots, placed on vantage points for fixed asset and perimeter protection, mounted on lightweight vehicles and used in both lethal and less-lethal operations. While FireStorm is configured as a 4 barrel 16 shot system, its components are modular and could be reconfigured for other purposes with, more barrels, ammunition loads, and a combination of 40mm and 18mm calibres with in the one weapon system.
MAUL: The MAUL is a 12 gauge accessory shotgun designed to fulfill a range of combat and law enforcement roles, including door breaching, lethal, and non-lethal response, and specialty payload delivery.
Systems for Unmanned Vehicles: The company's weapon systems are suited to robotic vehicle applications. Additionally, with the lack of mechanical parts associated with conventional reload systems, the weapons are expected to be reliable and suitable for tele-robotic applications.
Ammunition: The company is developing various ammunition natures for 40mm and 18mm systems.
40mm lethal ammunition: The low velocity 40mm lethal round program is designed for integration of the ammunition with the 3GL and FireStorm weapon systems, and on completion would allow the company to demonstrate the improved capability of 3 rounds of explosive warheads being man fired from a 3GL.
40mm less-lethal ammunition: Three main types of less-lethal 40mm ammunition have been developed and are undergoing testing.
18mm (12 gauge) ammunition: Ammunition development for the MAUL is essential for the commercial success of the weapon. It developed and tested munitions technology to launch stacked FRAG 12 door breaching grenades from the MAUL. Additional 18mm MAUL munitions being developed include solid projectile, and blunt impact less lethal rounds.
Fireworks: The company holds various patents relating to the formation of aerial images. Initial development has demonstrated the ability to launch, spin-stabilize and light
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. METAL STORM LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. METAL STORM LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. METAL STORM LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. METAL STORM LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. METAL STORM LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Metal Storm Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Metal Storm Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Metal Storm Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Metal Storm Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Metal Storm Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. METAL STORM LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. METAL STORM LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. METAL STORM LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. METAL STORM LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. METAL STORM LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. METAL STORM LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Metal Storm Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Metal Storm Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Metal Storm Limited Major Shareholders
Metal Storm Limited History
Metal Storm Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Metal Storm Limited Offices and Representations
Metal Storm Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Metal Storm Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Metal Storm Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Metal Storm Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Metal Storm Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Metal Storm Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Metal Storm Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Metal Storm Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Metal Storm Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Metal Storm Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Metal Storm Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Metal Storm Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?