- The report contains detailed information about Meggitt plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Meggitt plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Meggitt plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Meggitt plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Meggitt plc business.
About Meggitt plc
Meggitt plc engages in the design and manufacture of integrity systems and components for the aerospace, defense, and electronics markets worldwide. Its products include aircraft primary flight displays, unmanned air vehicles, aircraft fire detection systems and automobile climate control systems.
The group is managed in five strategic business units. Each unit has a management structure focused on its particular markets and areas of operations. The units include Aerospace Systems, Aerospace equipment, Aerospace braking systems, Defense systems, and Electronics.
Aerospace Systems Unit
Aerospace Systems offers displays, sensors, controls and monitoring systems utilizing the solid state electronic technology.
Meggitt Avionics: Meggitt Avionics specializes in the design and manufacture of solid state displays and sensor systems.
S-TEC/Meggitt Avionics: S-TEC offers general aviation autopilots. It also manufactures MAGIC integrated flight and engine display systems.
Vibro-Meter, Inc.: Vibro-Meter, Inc. manufactures aircraft sensor systems, including fuel quality gauging systems, fuel flow sensors, engine oil level sensors and oil pressure sensors, chip detectors and collectors. It also manufactures optical fire detectors for the power generation and hazardous area flame detection markets.
Vibro-Meter SA: Vibro-Meter specializes in vibration monitoring systems and sensors.
Vibro-Meter UK (Basingstoke): Vibro-Meter UK custom-engineers sensors and igniters for aerospace and mainstream industrial applications. The range of capabilities across the Vibro-Meter businesses, which include sites in Switzerland and the United States, supplies and supports complete and integrated sensor packages, which include mechanical condition diagnostic and prognostic systems.
Vibro-Meter UK (Rugby): Vibro-Meter UK (Rugby) engages in the design and manufacture of ignition systems for gas and microturbines, petrochemical installations and industrial burners.
Aerospace equipment Unit
Aerospace equipment offers hydraulic, pneumatic and fuel control valves, including fire/overheat/smoke detectors for civil and military aircraft.
Avica U.K.: Avica''s U.S. and U.K. facilities specialize in the design and manufacture of metallic ducting assemblies for high pressure aircraft ECS systems and spacecraft fuel, vent and fill lines. Avica engages in the design of ducting.
Avica U.S.: Avica U.S. specializes in the design and manufacture of metallic ducting assemblies for high pressure aircraft ECS systems and spacecraft fuel systems.
Bestobell Products: Bestobell engages in elastomer and fabric technology, producing a range of lightweight polymer based ducting systems.
Dunlop Aerospace Fluid Dynamics: Dunlop Aerospace Fluid Dynamics engages in the design and manufacture of integrated fluid solutions for aircraft thermal management and air handling systems.
Dunlop Aerospace Polymers and Composites: Dunlop Aerospace Polymers and Composites manufactures composite structures and seals constructed from polymers that are reinforced with fabric, composites and metals; and integrates composite structures with electro-thermal de-icing technology for engine air inlets, leading edges and ancillary components.
Heatric: Heatric develops methods and designs to produce a range of printed circuit heat exchangers and reactors.
Meggitt Airdynamics: Meggitt Airdynamics engages in the design and manufacture of highly specialist pumps, high pressure air compressors, fans and blowers for the defence industry.
Meggitt Armour Systems: Meggitt Armour Systems offers equipment, and engineering technology.
Meggitt Safety Systems, Inc.: Meggitt Safety Systems Inc. produces aircraft fire detection and industrial fire/gas protection systems. It develops fire protection solutions for airframe manufacturers, engine/APU system suppliers, and airline end users.
Meggitt Silicone Products: Meggitt Silicone Products manufactures aerodynamic seals, decorative interior seals, window seals, fire-seals, extruded silicone and calendered sheet goods.
Whittaker Controls: Whittaker Controls engages in the design an
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEGGITT PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEGGITT PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEGGITT PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEGGITT PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEGGITT PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Meggitt plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Meggitt plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Meggitt plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Meggitt plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Meggitt plc Industry Position Analysis
6. MEGGITT PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEGGITT PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEGGITT PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEGGITT PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEGGITT PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEGGITT PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Meggitt plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Meggitt plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Meggitt plc Major Shareholders
Meggitt plc History
Meggitt plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Meggitt plc Offices and Representations
Meggitt plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Meggitt plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Meggitt plc Capital Market Snapshot
Meggitt plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Meggitt plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Meggitt plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Meggitt plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Meggitt plc 1-year Stock Charts
Meggitt plc 5-year Stock Charts
Meggitt plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Meggitt plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Meggitt plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?