- The report contains detailed information about Makita Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Makita Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Makita Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Makita Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Makita Corp. business.
About Makita Corp.
Makita Corporation engages in the manufacture and sale of power tools for professional users worldwide, including those engaged in timber and metal processing, carpentry, forestry, concrete, and masonry works. The company sells its products in approximately 150 countries.
The company involves in power tools manufacturing and sales. It also provides gardening and household products based on the mainstay products in that product category.
The companys power tools primarily consist of drills, grinders and sanders, rotary hammers and hammer drills, demolition hammers and electric breakers, cordless impact drivers, circular saws, slide compound saws, and cutters.
The companys drills are power tools used to drill metals, woods, and plastics. They are classified into pistol-grip drills, D-handle drills, spade-handle drills, and angle drills, according to their configuration. It also manufactures various kinds of cordless drills. Some of them are equipped with a screw-driving mechanism and are called cordless driver drills.
The companys grinders and sanders are used for smoothing and finishing. Sanders may also be used for polishing. Grinders are primarily used on metal and sanders are used on metal, wood, stone, and concrete. Grinders are divided into portable disc grinders and bench grinders. Sanders are classified into disc sanders, orbital sanders, and belt sanders.
The companys rotary hammers, which are used for drilling concrete primarily in the construction industry, can also be used as ordinary hammers without using the rotary mechanism. Hammer drills are equipped with a hammering function, but can also be used as conventional drills; these drills are used principally on metal and masonry in the civil engineering and electrical contracting industries. Demolition hammers are used to shatter hard surfaces, principally concrete.
The company cordless impact drivers are used across Japanese construction sites. It offers cordless impact drivers powered by lithium-ion batteries. The cordless impact drivers are an addition to its Japanese product line-up of new 14.4V cordless power tools powered by lithium-ion batteries, including cordless circular saws, cordless angle grinders, cordless nailers, cordless hammer drills, and cordless reciprocal saws. It also offers cordless power tools powered by lithium-ion batteries in the United States. In addition to 14.4V cordless power tools available in Japan, it offers 18V Combo kits of cordless drills, cordless drills, cordless circular saws, and cordless lights in the United States. The company also rolled out its 18V cordless power tools powered by lithium-ion batteries across European markets.
In 2009, the company introduced new power tool products, such as rotary hammers equipped with 36V lithium-ion batteries, cordless impact driver drills equipped with newly developed brushless DC motor powered by 14.4V lithium-ion batteries, and slide compound saw equipped with double sliding mechanism.
The companys circular saws are primarily sold to carpenters in the homebuilding industry. It also sells jigsaws primarily to carpenters and other woodworkers for delicate work, and reciprocal saws used for working in confined spaces unsuitable for conventional saws. Cutters and cutting machines are classified into two categories: cutting machines that are equipped with a metal whetstone and are used for cutting metals and cutters that are equipped with a diamond whetstone and are primarily used for cutting stones.
The company also offers its Red series high-pressure air nailer, which is used in the housing construction in the Japanese market. In 2009, the company introduced new pneumatic tools products, including the high-pressure pneumatic nailer equipped with a movable nose adapter.
Gardening Equipments, Household, and Other products
The companys gardening products, including brush-cutters, chain-saws, sprayers, blowers, and hedge trimmers are used for agricultural, and forestry operations. Its household products, including vacuum cleaners and cordless cleaners are used by housekeepers and professional cleaners. In addition small, light, and high-suction cordless cleaners offered to home users. Its new products include cordless cleaners and sprayers powered by lithium-ion batteries, low-vibration hedge trimmers and backpack-type, mini 4-stroke engine-equipped grass cutters. The companys line-up also includes electric hedge trimmers, grass cutters, chain saws, and lawn mowers. Its new gardening equipment products include the petrol hedge trimmer, cordless brushcutter powered by 36V lithium-ion batteries.
Parts, Repairs, and Accessories
The company manufactures and markets various parts and accessories for its products and performs repair work as part of its after-sale services. In particular, it offers various parts and accessories with respect to professional power tools. It also provides accessories, such as saw blades, drill bits, and grinding wheels.
Sales and Marketing
The companys geographic segments are Japan, Europe, North America, Asia and Other regions. The other regions segment is further divided into Central and South America, Oceania and the Middle East, and Africa.
The companys overseas sales, distribution, and service are carried out through a network of 41 sales subsidiaries and approximately 100 branch offices or service centers located in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Korea, the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Greece, Germany, Austria, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Spain, Portugal, the United Arab Emirates, Romania, Switzerland, Finland, Russia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Colombia, India ,Morocco, and Vietnam. In addition, the company exports its products directly to its sales subsidiaries, as well as through trading companies, to various countries throughout the world.
Makita Corporation was founded in 1915.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAKITA CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAKITA CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAKITA CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAKITA CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAKITA CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Makita Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Makita Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Makita Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Makita Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Makita Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAKITA CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAKITA CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAKITA CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAKITA CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAKITA CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAKITA CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Makita Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Makita Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Makita Corp. Major Shareholders
Makita Corp. History
Makita Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Makita Corp. Offices and Representations
Makita Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Makita Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Makita Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Makita Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Makita Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Makita Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Makita Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Makita Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Makita Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Makita Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Makita Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Makita Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?