- The report contains detailed information about Magna International, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Magna International, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Magna International, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Magna International, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Magna International, Inc. business.
About Magna International, Inc.
Magna International Inc., a diversified automotive supplier, engages in the design, development, and manufacture of automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers of cars and light trucks.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 238 manufacturing operations and 79 product development, engineering, and sales centers, in 25 countries. Its activities include: complete vehicle engineering and assembly; powertrain systems; roof systems; exterior systems; interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; vision systems; body and chassis systems; electronic systems; and hybrid and electric vehicles/systems.
The company operates through divisions, which function as autonomous business units operating within pre-determined guidelines. It operates in three separate geographic segments North America, Europe, and Rest of World.
Complete Vehicle Engineering and Assembly: The company provides full vehicle engineering and assembly services for the automotive industry and is a brand-independent assembler of complete vehicles.
Powertrain Systems: The company designs, engineers and manufactures powertrain systems and components for the automotive industry. The company conducts some of its powertrain operations through joint ventures, including a non-controlling, 50% voting (76.7% equity) partnership interest in the Litens Automotive Partnership, a partnership with certain members of its senior management, which is a supplier of drive subsystems and components. Product offerings include accessory drive systems and products including auto tensioners and idlers, overrunning alternator decoupler assemblies, Torqfiltr overrunning, isolating crank pulley assemblies and clutched waterpump pulleys and assemblies; timing drive systems and products including tensioners (both for belt and chain) and idlers, SmartSprocket tuned sprockets and clutched waterpump pulleys and assemblies; and other specialty products including vehicle start / stop subsystems. Litens has manufacturing operations in North America (Canada), Europe (Germany), and Rest of World (China, Brazil and India).
Roof Systems: The company designs, engineers and manufactures vehicle roof systems for the automotive industry.
Exterior Systems: The company designs, engineers and manufactures various exterior components and systems for the automotive industry.
Interior Systems: The company designs, engineers and manufactures interior systems for the global automotive industry.
Seating Systems: The company develops and manufactures complete seating solutions and seat mechanism systems for the automotive industry. Its activities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to manufacturing.
Closure Systems: The company engineers and manufactures closure systems for the global automotive industry.
Vision Systems: The company designs, engineers, and manufactures vision glass systems for the automotive industry.
Body & Chassis Systems: The company provides body and chassis systems, as well as related engineering services, for the global automotive industry.
Electronic Systems: The company designs, engineers and manufactures electronic components and systems for the automotive industry.
Hybrid and Electric Vehicles/Systems: The company acts as a general contractor and main customer interface for hybrid and electric vehicle programs globally, with an ability to lead and coordinate activities for the acquisition and execution of new programs for electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles. The company's range of services offered include integration of components and systems, as well as the development and production of vehicle solutions, from engineering to turnkey programs.
Tooling, Engineering, and Other: The company designs, engineers, and manufactures tooling for its own use, as well as for sale to its customers. Additionally, the company provides engineering support services, independent of particular production programs.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Magna International, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Magna International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Magna International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Magna International, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Magna International, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Magna International, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Magna International, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Magna International, Inc. Major Shareholders
Magna International, Inc. History
Magna International, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Magna International, Inc. Offices and Representations
Magna International, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Magna International, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Magna International, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Magna International, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Magna International, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Magna International, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Magna International, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Magna International, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Magna International, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Magna International, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Magna International, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Magna International, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?