- The report contains detailed information about Linamar Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Linamar Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Linamar Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Linamar Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Linamar Corp. business.
About Linamar Corp.
Linamar Corporation engages in the manufacture of engineered products. The company engages in the collaborative design, development and manufacture of precision metallic components, modules and systems for vehicle markets. The company designs and produces mobile industrial products. It also produces agricultural implements in Hungary for worldwide use.
The Powertrain/Driveline segment brings together the Chassis, Transmission, and Energy Groups. It has 30 manufacturing facilities, three development centres and five sales and service offices in Canada, the United States, Mexico and Japan.
The Powertrain/Driveline segment manufactures and assembles all of the precision-machined components and assemblies that are used in transmission, engine and driveline systems. Its focus is on transmission/driveline power transfer units, transmission cases, shafts, shafts and shell assemblies, clutch modules, and valve bodies, as well as torque converters, pumps, planetary gear assemblies and components, housing and covers, transmission sub-assemblies and modules for all types of drivetrain configurations. In the driveline area, it also focuses on steering knuckles and assemblies, drums and rotors as well as complete steering and suspension sub-assemblies and modules, control arms and assemblies, power steering and rack housings, gears, joints and fittings, power steering pumps, cross members and assemblies, column components and assemblies, races and flanges, bearing caps, yokes, sprockets, carriers and cases, and axle shaft assemblies.
The Powertrain/Driveline Segment also manufactures and assembles every key mechanical component of modern engine. It can provide a fully assembled and dressed engine, or an engine module. Its focus is on cylinder blocks and assemblies, cylinder heads and complete head assemblies, camshaft assemblies, crankshaft assemblies, and connecting rods, as well as intake manifolds, gears, flywheels, covers and housings, liners and pistons, injectors, cases, vacuum pumps, oil pumps and water pumps.
The principal customers for the Powertrain/Driveline Segment are OEMs with operations in North America and their suppliers, including CAT, Chrysler, Ford and GM.
The companys Powertrain/Driveline and Industrial segments both have operations in Europe. These European operations focus on full-service engineering and manufacturing support for all the Powertrain/Driveline products for the entire European automotive and commercial vehicle market.
The European operations have five manufacturing facilities (in Hungary, Germany and Wales), two development centres (in Germany and Hungary) and four sales offices (in Hungary, Germany, France and the United Kingdom).
Linamar Hungary, part of the company's European operations, machines and assembles highly engineered components and assemblies for the automotive industry, and manufactures corn heads and other agricultural components, subassemblies and equipment. It also assembles aerial lift platforms and manufactures and assembles other industrial products. Linamar Hungary operates through three separate divisions, two of which manufacture products for the automotive sector and one of which manufactures agricultural equipment.
The principal customers of the European Group are European OEMs and their suppliers, including Ford, Perkins, BMW, Krone, Magna Powertrain, Cummins, Bosch, Denso and Suzuki.
The Industrial Segment is a manufacturer of aerial work platforms, focused on production of the scissor lifts. Skyjack offers products through creative engineering driven designs, complete customer and product support. The majority of Skyjacks sales are in the North American market. Products include both battery powered and combustion engine powered scissor lifts. It has two facilities in Canada, two in the United States and one in Europe.
Sales and Marketing
Linamars precision machining operations sell its products directly to its customers in Canada and the United States through its Canadian and U.S. sales offices. The company has established sales offices in the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and China.
Linamar Corporation was founded in 1966.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LINAMAR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LINAMAR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LINAMAR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LINAMAR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LINAMAR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Linamar Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Linamar Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Linamar Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Linamar Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Linamar Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. LINAMAR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LINAMAR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LINAMAR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LINAMAR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LINAMAR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LINAMAR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Linamar Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Linamar Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Linamar Corp. Major Shareholders
Linamar Corp. History
Linamar Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Linamar Corp. Offices and Representations
Linamar Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Linamar Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Linamar Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Linamar Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Linamar Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Linamar Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Linamar Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Linamar Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Linamar Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Linamar Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Linamar Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Linamar Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?