- The report contains detailed information about L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. business.
About L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc., through its wholly owned subsidiary, L-3 Communications Corporation, provides command, control, communications, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems; aircraft modernization and maintenance; and government services in the United States and internationally.
The companys segments include: Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR); Government Services; Aircraft Modernization and Maintenance (AM&M); and Electronic Systems.
The C3ISR segment provides products and services for the global ISR market, specializing in signals intelligence (SIGINT) and communications intelligence (COMINT) systems. The products and services provide to the warfighter in real-time the ability to collect and analyze unknown electronic signals from command centers, communication nodes, and air defense systems for real-time situation awareness and response. The businesses in this segment also provides C3 systems, networked communications systems and secure communications products for military and other U.S. Government and foreign government intelligence, reconnaissance, and surveillance applications.
The companys products and services are used to connect various airborne, space, ground, and sea-based communication systems and are used in the transmission, processing, recording, monitoring, and dissemination functions of communication systems.
The segments products and services include - specialized fleet management sustainment and support, including procurement, systems integration, sensor development, modifications and periodic depot maintenance for SIGINT, and ISR special mission aircraft and airborne surveillance systems; strategic and tactical SIGINT systems that detect, collect, identify, analyze, and disseminate information; secure data links that enable real-time information collection and dissemination to users of networked communications for airborne, satellite, ground, and sea-based remote platforms, both manned and unmanned; secure terminal and communication network equipment and encryption management; and communication systems for surface and undersea vessels and manned space flights.
Government Services Segment
The Government Services segment provides various engineering, technical, information technology, advisory, training, and support services to the DoD, DoS, DoJ, and U.S. Government intelligence agencies and allied foreign governments.
Major services for this segment include: communication software support, information technology services and various engineering development services and integration support; engineering and information systems support services used for command, control, communications and ISR architectures, and for air warfare modeling and simulation tools for applications used by the DoD, DHS, and U.S. Government intelligence agencies, including missile and space systems, UAVs, and manned military aircraft; developing and managing programs in the United States and foreign countries that focus on teaching, training, and education, logistics, strategic planning, organizational design, democracy transition and leadership development; human intelligence support and other services, including linguist services and related management to support contingency operations and intelligence-gathering requirements; command & control systems and software services in support of maritime and expeditionary warfare; intelligence solutions support to the DoD, including the U.S. Armed Services combatant commands and the U.S. Government intelligence agencies, including those within the U.S. Armed Services; technical and management services, which provide support of intelligence, logistics, C3 and combatant commands; and conventional enterprise IT support, systems, and other services to the DoD and other U.S. federal agencies.
Aircraft Modernization and Maintenance (AM&M) Segment
AM&M segment providesmodernization, upgrades and sustainment, maintenance and logistics support services for military and various government aircraft and other platforms. The company sells the services pri
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. History
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?