- The report contains detailed information about Joy Global, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Joy Global, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Joy Global, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Joy Global, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Joy Global, Inc. business.
About Joy Global, Inc.
Joy Global Inc. engages in manufacturing and servicing mining equipment for the extraction of coal and other minerals and ores. The companys equipment is used in mining regions worldwide to mine coal, copper, iron ore, oil sands, and other minerals.
The companys segments include Underground mining machinery (Joy Mining Machinery or Joy) and Surface Mining equipment segment (P&H Mining Equipment or P&H). Joy and P&H sell their products primarily to global and regional mining companies.
Underground Mining Machinery segment
Joy is the producer of underground mining machinery for the extraction of coal and other bedded materials. It has significant facilities in Australia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, China, and the United States, as well as sales offices and service facilities in India, Poland, and Russia. Joy products include continuous miners; shuttle cars; flexible conveyor trains; longwall mining systems (consisting of powered roof supports, an armored face conveyor, and a longwall shearer); continuous haulage systems; battery haulers; roof bolters; crushing equipment; and conveyor systems. Joy also maintains a network of service and replacement parts distribution centers to rebuild and service equipment and to sell replacement parts and consumables in support of its installed base. This network includes five service centers in the United States and eight outside the United States, all of which are located in major underground mining regions.
Products and Services
Continuous miners Electric, self-propelled continuous miners cut material using carbide-tipped bits on a horizontal rotating drum.
Longwall shearers A longwall shearer moves back and forth on an armored face conveyor parallel to the material face. Using carbide-tipped bits on cutting drums at each end, the shearer cuts a 1.2 meter to 6.5 meters of material on each pass and simultaneously loads the material onto the armored face conveyor for transport to the main mine belt.
Powered roof supports Roof supports perform a jacking-like function that supports the mine roof during longwall mining. A longwall face may range up to 400 meters in length.
Armored face conveyors Armored face conveyors (AFC) are used in longwall mining to transport material cut by the shearer away from the longwall face.
Shuttle cars Shuttle cars, a type of haulage vehicle, are electric-powered with umbilical cable, rubber-tired vehicles used to transport material from continuous miners to the main mine belt where self-contained chain conveyors in the shuttle cars unload the material onto the belt. Some models of Joy shuttle cars can carry up to 22 metric tons of coal.
Flexible conveyor trains (FCT) FCTs are electric-powered, self-propelled conveyor systems that provide continuous haulage of material from a continuous miner to the main mine belt. The FCT uses a rubber belt similar to a standard fixed conveyor.
Roof bolters Roof bolters are roof drills used to bore holes in the mine roof and to insert long metal bolts into the holes to reinforce the mine roof.
Battery haulers Battery haulers perform a similar function to shuttle cars. Shuttle cars are powered through cables and battery haulers are powered by portable rechargeable batteries.
Continuous haulage systems The continuous haulage system provides a similar function as the FCT in that it transports material from the continuous miner to the main mine belts on a continuous basis versus the batch process used by shuttle cars and battery haulers, but it does so with different technology.
Feeder breakers Feeder breakers are a form of crusher that uses rotating drums with carbide-tipped bits to break down the size of the mined material for loading onto conveyor systems or feeding into processing facilities.
Conveyor systems Conveyor systems are used in both above- and under-ground applications. The primary component of a conveyor system is the terminal which itself comprises a drive, discharge, take-up and tail loading section.
High angle conveyors The Continental High Angle Conveyor is a method for elevating or lowering materials continuously from o
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JOY GLOBAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JOY GLOBAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JOY GLOBAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JOY GLOBAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JOY GLOBAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Joy Global, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Joy Global, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Joy Global, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Joy Global, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Joy Global, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JOY GLOBAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JOY GLOBAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JOY GLOBAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JOY GLOBAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JOY GLOBAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JOY GLOBAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Joy Global, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Joy Global, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Joy Global, Inc. Major Shareholders
Joy Global, Inc. History
Joy Global, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Joy Global, Inc. Offices and Representations
Joy Global, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Joy Global, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Joy Global, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Joy Global, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Joy Global, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Joy Global, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Joy Global, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Joy Global, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Joy Global, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Joy Global, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Joy Global, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Joy Global, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?