- The report contains detailed information about Invensys plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Invensys plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Invensys plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Invensys plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Invensys plc business.
About Invensys plc
Invensys plc, together with its subsidiaries, provides software, solutions, products and services to control, optimize and automate equipment and processes in a range of industries and environments. The company conducts its operations through the following businesses: Invensys Operations Management, which comprises the Process Systems and Eurotherm businesses, Invensys Rail and Invensys Controls.
Invensys Operations Management
Process Systems: Process Systems designs, manufactures, installs, tests and commissions software and computer-based hardware for the automation and regulation of operations, the management of certain administrative functions of manufacturing businesses, and the simulation of manufacturing process operations. The company delivers solutions and consultancy services which improve the productivity and safety of its customers plants.
Invensys Process Systems (IPS) is a global technology, software and consulting organization significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimization, business operations and enterprise performance. The companys solutions include Foxboro field devices and control systems, Triconex safety systems, SimSci-Esscor simulation and optimization applications, and Avantis enterprise asset management. The InFusion system provides a common engineering, automation and applications environment that connects, collects and leverages all the knowledge and data available from disparate systems and technologies.
The companys customers are industrial organizations and include companies that operate oil refineries; plants that process chemicals, gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), power, pharmaceuticals and minerals; and pulp and paper mills.
The company's Wonderware software supplies operations management software, with an installed base of approximately 540,000 active licenses, helping customers to manage operations in approximately 125,000 plants and facilities worldwide. Wonderware software is used by OEMs, systems integrators and by end customers in global industry, including food and beverage, oil and gas, power, water and wastewater, transportation, and mining and metals. It is also used with in other Invensys division offerings.
Eurotherm: Eurotherm provides control, data and measurement instrumentation products, solutions and services to manage specific parameters of the manufacturing process, such as temperature and pressure, for the global industrial control and process markets. The companys Eurotherm offering includes consultancy in the initial project planning phase, solution and system design, project management, installation, on-site services and operator training. These services are supported by products ranging from sensors and measurement indicators, through process and power controllers to graphical paperless data recorders and integrated process automation equipment.
Eurotherm serves industrial markets with specialists in key areas, including life sciences, glass manufacturing, plastics, renewable energy and the heat treatment of metals (for industries such as avionics and automotive).
Invensys Rail delivers railway control and communication solutions. The companys offering ranges from integrated control centre solutions that supervise and control railways to train-based systems that automate train operation and protection, interlocking systems that ensure safe running across a network and a range of trackside products.
The company operates in the regional rail industry, where different geographies often have their own operational and signalling requirements. Invensys Rail brands, such as Westinghouse (U.K., Asia, Oceania and India), Dimetronic (Iberia and Latin America) and Safetran (North America) provide solutions for signalling, control and rail safety in mainline and mass transit systems.
Invensys Controls designs, engineers and manufactures products, components, systems and services used in appliances, heating, air conditioning/cooling and refrigeration products across a range of industries in residential and commercial markets, together with utility monitoring services in the U.K.
Appliance: The company designs, engineers, and manufactures components and control systems for cooking, refrigeration, laundry and dishwashing products sold in both the commercial and residential sectors. The company supplies to the North and South American, European and Asian appliance markets.
Water heating, HVAC, commercial refrigeration and automotive: Invensys Controls develops products used in the water heating, HVAC, commercial refrigeration and automotive markets. The company is a designer and manufacturer of products that control and sense temperature and humidity in residential, light commercial and automotive applications, and that improve air quality in homes.
Aftermarket: Invensys Controls distributes various replacement products for OEM equipment, encompassing thermostats, valves, zone controls, timers and electronic components marketed under its brands. In addition, the company manufactures various ambient controls for both commercial and residential applications.
The company's major customers include: ADIF; Alcoa; Arçelik; Asko; Beam Global Spirits & Wine; Bosch Worcester; BP; Brandt; BSH Group; BSS; BT; Candy; Chevron; ConocoPhillips; EDF Energy; Electrolux; ENI; ExxonMobil; Fisher & Paykel; Gazprom; General Mills; GIS Calorex; Haier; Home Retail Group; Huntsman Corporation; Indesit; Logica; Madrid Metro; Nestlé; Network Rail; NSG; Ontario Clean Water Agency; Pernod; Puerto Rico Water & Sewage; Authority; Queensland Rail; R&D Carbon; RENFE; SAB Miller; Samsung; Saudi Aramco; Starbucks; Sub-Zero Wolf; T. Perkins; The Body Shop; Thermo King; Valero; Whirlpool; and Wolseley.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INVENSYS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INVENSYS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INVENSYS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INVENSYS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INVENSYS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Invensys plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Invensys plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Invensys plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Invensys plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Invensys plc Industry Position Analysis
6. INVENSYS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INVENSYS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INVENSYS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INVENSYS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INVENSYS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INVENSYS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Invensys plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Invensys plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Invensys plc Major Shareholders
Invensys plc History
Invensys plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Invensys plc Offices and Representations
Invensys plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Invensys plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Invensys plc Capital Market Snapshot
Invensys plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Invensys plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Invensys plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Invensys plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Invensys plc 1-year Stock Charts
Invensys plc 5-year Stock Charts
Invensys plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Invensys plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Invensys plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?